queensland small leaf ficus x 2

jamie11

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
hey guys :) these two small leaf ficus i got today both are about 6 inches tall, the fatter one is about the same thick at the base the smaller one is about 3 inches across at the base. nebari flares out more :)

just after some styling ideas, i have a couple of odeas but want some other points of veiw :)

let me know what ya all think!

jamie :)

Attachments

• banyan or sumo.jpg
    banyan or sumo.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 108
  • twin trunk..jpg
    twin trunk..jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 103

jamie11

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
oh yea, that is definately the plan mate, all the old soil will be gone and they will be getting put into diatamite and fed quite heavily once pruned and the trunk structure is initiatlly worked out :)

i am still unsure bout which way to go with them but i think once i take out uneccesary trunks and such it will show itself in which way the tree wants to be styled, i think doing it this way is a good way to style because it allows more natural forms.

jamie11

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
update

heres an update :)

still needs refinement but i want it to grow out some before i do any more work.

Attachments

• Fig def.jpg
    Fig def.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Fig.jpg
    Fig.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Figtop.jpg
    Figtop.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 43

jamie11

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
thank you cat :)

just to let you know, this banyan style still needs to be lifted a little bit, it is sitting lower in the pot then needed as the nebari needed some work on it, which in my climate which would be similar to your florida i think, wont take to long!

unfortunately i wasnt able to find the diatomite i wanted so it went into a free draining organic mix for now until i do, the great thing about where i am is i can repot fig as much as needed and know it wont be affected :)

cheers!

N

nebari44

Very nice!

Top Bottom