Question about Ficus Religiosa

Jac3674

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I bought a seed starter kit with a few different types of seeds. I've never grown a Ficus from seed so dunno what to exactly do. It just sprouted about maybe a week ago and it looks like this. My question is. Would I need to cut it in half or so and then repot later to make it a Bonsia?

IMG_2304.JPGIMG_2304.JPG

Jac3674

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This was the exact seed. Only using this image as I didn't take a picture of my seed.

HTB1peq.aoLrK1Rjy0Fjq6zYXFXa1.jpg

Firstflush

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3-4
It needs much more growing my friend....several leaf sets.

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
Hi the seeds pictured are not ficus religiosa and nether is the sapling. I have grown them by seed and the seed was very small some dark brown some a buff colour. No sure what you have but since you have them carry on let them grow out until the trunk is a decent thickness before cutting back.

Jac3674

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi the seeds pictured are not ficus religiosa and nether is the sapling. I have grown them by seed and the seed was very small some dark brown some a buff colour. No sure what you have but since you have them carry on let them grow out until the trunk is a decent thickness before cutting back.
Got them from Sower"s Source Seed Starter Kit. They labeled them that. Even had them in the packet.

Lutonian

Chumono
Reaction score
Luton, East Anglia, England, Great Britain
USDA Zone
9a
Got them from Sower"s Source Seed Starter Kit. They labeled them that. Even had them in the packet.
It quite common for seeds and plants to be labeled incorrectly. Don't be disheartened see what you can do with these now there in your possession, bonsai is about the journey as there is no end destination as the tree will continue to grow and change until the day it dies.

Top Bottom