Question for Walter..

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
That's so true. I'm fairly young, 30, but I'm buying one good conifer a year. I figure it's best to buy the best you can afford. Imagine what a 30 to 50 year old tree will look like in another 30 years. I am growing seedlings though, but only Deciduous (Tridents and Japanese Maples). I enjoy growing them, and it's hard to find good maple stock for bonsai. More so for Japanese Maples than Tridents. One can find tons of good Tridents, but fewer Japanese Maples for some reason.

Good for you, that sounds like a smart idea !

keep it green,
Harry

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Harry nothing taken as a dis, Good for you on the new tree. Good choice of vendor too. If Jim can't help you no one can.

Looks like too, we will see some of your work.

Keepin it green here boss.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Harry nothing taken as a dis, Good for you on the new tree. Good choice of vendor too. If Jim can't help you no one can.

Looks like too, we will see some of your work.

Keepin it green here boss.

Sorry Bill, you lost me, which tree are you talking about and Jim who....:confused:

keep it green,
harry

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Quote Harry - "I will have to work on the Ponderosa's myself". Jim would be Mr Gremmel(sp?) isn't he the owner of Natures way? Have seen a lot of nice trees at his vendors tables.

Sorry Harry sometimes quick replies can be a bit cryptic, for some reason.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Quote Harry - "I will have to work on the Ponderosa's myself". Jim would be Mr Gremmel(sp?) isn't he the owner of Natures way? Have seen a lot of nice trees at his vendors tables.

Sorry Harry sometimes quick replies can be a bit cryptic, for some reason.

Natures Way is owned by Jim Doyle in Harrisburg Pa. Deer Meadow bonsai is owned by Jim Gremel in Occidental Ca, you just got your Jim's mixed up. I have never bought a tree from Jim Doyle, but I have bought one from Jim Gremel, plus he has the best copper wire IMHO.

keep it green,
Harry

sean f

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Quote Harry - "I will have to work on the Ponderosa's myself". Jim would be Mr Gremmel(sp?) isn't he the owner of Natures way? Have seen a lot of nice trees at his vendors

Jim doyle is the the owner of natures way. i've been there a few times and have seen walters ponderosa and rmj's i think i have some pictures somewhere,lots of interesting material.

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I have bought one from Jim Gremel, plus he has the best copper wire IMHO.
keep it green,
Harry

With a due props to Jim G, Harry you haven't tried mine...so reserve your judgment till you do :D

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
With a due props to Jim G, Harry you haven't tried mine...so reserve your judgment till you do :D

Well send me some and I'll render an opinion............:D

keep it green,
Harry

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yep, I mixed up the Jims, Oop's, but both do have quite the bonsai resume.

I'll vouch for Toms wire, good stuff at good prices.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Yep, I mixed up the Jims, Oop's, but both do have quite the bonsai resume.

I'll vouch for Toms wire, good stuff at good prices.

How much wire did he give you to say that......:D

keep it green,
Harry

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I have to purchase some I borrowed from a club member( who bought it from Tom), so Actually I am going to pay him to advertise his wire:eek: Someone adjust the antenna the picture is kind of fuzzy:D

Last I heard, he does the annealing himself.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I have to purchase some I borrowed from a club member( who bought it from Tom), so Actually I am going to pay him to advertise his wire:eek: Someone adjust the antenna the picture is kind of fuzzy:D

Where did he go when I asked for some free samples....oh, I know, he's at the Post Office mailing them to me now......:D

keep it green,
Harry

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

Did 2000 feet today...nothing like a good fire on a chilly day.

I spin,organically treat (for pantina) and DOUBLE anneal...all by my lonesome. Taylor use to help till she figured out boys were a lot more fun. :eek:

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Where did he go when I asked for some free samples....oh, I know, he's at the Post Office mailing them to me now......:D

keep it green,
Harry

Use to give free samples Harry...even payed for the postage. 90 percent of those people never bought, but did ask for more free samples :mad:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Use to give free samples Harry...even payed for the postage. 90 percent of those people never bought, but did ask for more free samples :mad:

Next time I need some, I'll give you shot, fair enough...........

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom