Quick Azeala Question

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Hey Nutters! Hoping one of you azeala experts can help me with a quick question/concern.

My azealas appear to be on the cusp of blooming, and it’s November! I don’t think I remember buds setting, like this, in late fall.
9038CB46-754B-4D50-974B-89F8F855A61C.jpegC9BC490E-5F78-4093-8D1B-31ADC5F4C2AF.jpeg312DF58E-D6E9-419D-87D1-E37A412B9FD0.jpeg
Is this normal?
I moved this year and have also fertilized a bit different than in years past. Unsure if either of those would have a difference?

Thanks advance!!

Harunobu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Buds always set at this time of the year. (Unless you pruned late and they can't flower.) If you had no buds like you have now, it wouldn't flower in spring. Not sure why it looks different to you this year. Your buds are not swelling and don't show any colour. I don't think these are about to flower at all.
Plants look healthy as well. No issues. Will look awesome coming spring.

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Buds always set at this time of the year. (Unless you pruned late and they can't flower.) If you had no buds like you have now, it wouldn't flower in spring. Not sure why it looks different to you this year. Your buds are not swelling and don't show any colour. I don't think these are about to flower at all.
Plants look healthy as well. No issues. Will look awesome coming spring.
Maybe I’m not used to them looking this healthy! Lol. I’m not real great at growing azealas. Thanks for your quick response!!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey Nutters! Hoping one of you azeala experts can help me with a quick question/concern.

My azealas appear to be on the cusp of blooming, and it’s November! I don’t think I remember buds setting, like this, in late fall.
View attachment 338919View attachment 338920View attachment 338921
Is this normal?
I moved this year and have also fertilized a bit different than in years past. Unsure if either of those would have a difference?

Thanks advance!!

They look normal to me.........and if I was a betting man (which i'm not) I would say this azalea falls within the early blooming category based on the size of the buds.

Top Bottom