R.I.P. Miss Kitty

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Today we had to put down our beloved cat Miss Kitty. We took her to the emergency vet this morning. I noticed she hadn't been eating much this week but still came out to greet me when I came home for lunch and home from work. My son stopped by last night and when he picked her up, she cried and ran under the bed. She wouldn't come out, so we put a bowl of water there for her. When she was still there this morning, I knew something was really wrong. The vet said she had a really high fever and fluid in her chest. She wasn't sure if it was her heart or maybe cancer, but she was very weak and very sick. She said she could admit her and put her on oxygen and try to figure out what was wrong but she was in pain and probably wouldn't make it out of the hospital. Then she offered the option of euthanasia. After talking with our son, we decided that would be the best for her. We didn't want her to die in a cage with strangers, she was scared of everyone but us. And we didn't want her to suffer. So, it was REALLY hard, but at least we got to be with her for a little while before and we got to be the last people she saw and heard. Sorry to be such a bummer, but give all your pets an extra pet or hug tonight. bad kitty.jpgkitty in perch.jpg

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
May she Rest In Peace. It is always the hardest and most painful decision to make as a pet owner…but you make it with love. Carol, I’ve seen the way you care for your plants…. I know miss kitty lived the best life with you and your family.. god speed miss kitty.

palafr01

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Carol 83 sorry to hear about the loss of Miss Kitty. I know all too well how its feels to lose a cat(s). In just the span of a year, we lost our beloved 17 year cat in last May and went on to adopt 2 young cats (months old) in November only to suddenly lose one of them this February. It stings at first but it does get better with time. Euthanasia is never an easy decision either. Had to put down a previous cat of ours years ago due to failing vitals. We knew at the time that we didn't want him suffer so made that hard decision. Hopefully you and your family have/can make/made peace with that decision. The best thing to do I have found is to remember the good memories with your pet(s) and cherish them, and for those who feel inclined consider getting another friend when the time is right. (lord knows there's many furry friends waiting to be adopted.

This had gotten long so I'll again say that I am sorry for your loss. RIP Miss Kitty.

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
@Carol 83 I am so sorry for your loss. It is a hard decision to make. We had to put down a beloved old dog in November and the loss of that girl left me feeling untethered to this world for a while. Take care of you and your loved ones.
Edna

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
May she Rest In Peace. It is always the hardest and most painful decision to make as a pet owner…but you make it with love. Carol, I’ve seen the way you care for your plants…. I know miss kitty lived the best life with you and your family.. god speed miss kitty.
Thank you for your kind words, I think we did give her the best life. She was the last kitten left of a litter of one of my son's friends. They were moving and were just going to leave her outside. Now, if I can just stop crying...

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
@Carol 83 sorry to hear about the loss of Miss Kitty. I know all too well how its feels to lose a cat(s). In just the span of a year, we lost our beloved 17 year cat in last May and went on to adopt 2 young cats (months old) in November only to suddenly lose one of them this February. It stings at first but it does get better with time. Euthanasia is never an easy decision either. Had to put down a previous cat of ours years ago due to failing vitals. We knew at the time that we didn't want him suffer so made that hard decision. Hopefully you and your family have/can make/made peace with that decision. The best thing to do I have found is to remember the good memories with your pet(s) and cherish them, and for those who feel inclined consider getting another friend when the time is right. (lord knows there's many furry friends waiting to be adopted.

This had gotten long so I'll again say that I am sorry for your loss. RIP Miss Kitty.
Thank you. We have made peace with our decision, we wanted to be with her not have her pass away in a cage with strangers and in pain.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
@Carol 83 I am so sorry for your loss. It is a hard decision to make. We had to put down a beloved old dog in November and the loss of that girl left me feeling untethered to this world for a while. Take care of you and your loved ones.
Edna
Thank you. So sorry to hear about your pup.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Oh no 😔😔 im so sorry to hear, how old was she?
She was only 10, but the vet said that's about the age cat's start having some problems. Just didn't think that's how our visit would end. 😪

Zerobear

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Today we had to put down our beloved cat Miss Kitty. We took her to the emergency vet this morning. I noticed she hadn't been eating much this week but still came out to greet me when I came home for lunch and home from work. My son stopped by last night and when he picked her up, she cried and ran under the bed. She wouldn't come out, so we put a bowl of water there for her. When she was still there this morning, I knew something was really wrong. The vet said she had a really high fever and fluid in her chest. She wasn't sure if it was her heart or maybe cancer, but she was very weak and very sick. She said she could admit her and put her on oxygen and try to figure out what was wrong but she was in pain and probably wouldn't make it out of the hospital. Then she offered the option of euthanasia. After talking with our son, we decided that would be the best for her. We didn't want her to die in a cage with strangers, she was scared of everyone but us. And we didn't want her to suffer. So, it was REALLY hard, but at least we got to be with her for a little while before and we got to be the last people she saw and heard. Sorry to be such a bummer, but give all your pets an extra pet or hug tonight. View attachment 447409View attachment 447410
So sorry for your loss af a much loved family member

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Carol 83 - So very sorry for your loss. It's heart-breaking to lose such faithful, true-hearted friends. They count on us to make the best decisions on their behalf and you clearly did just that. It's never easy but rest assured, you made the best possible decision for your family member. Best wishes, friend.

Ugo

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Sorry for your loss.
Pets quickly become more than friends and its always difficult to let them go but keep in mind you gave her a good life she will remember in the next.
Best wishes to you and your family.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Never easy to say goodbye to loved ones. Pets def included. Sorry to hear Carol.
Thank you. I have had much worse losses, but am still very sad not to have her here with us anymore.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.
Pets quickly become more than friends and its always difficult to let them go but keep in mind you gave her a good life she will remember in the next.
Best wishes to you and your family.
Thanks for your kind words.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
@Carol 83 - So very sorry for your loss. It's heart-breaking to lose such faithful, true-hearted friends. They count on us to make the best decisions on their behalf and you clearly did just that. It's never easy but rest assured, you made the best possible decision for your family member. Best wishes, friend.
Thank you, I think we did make the best decision for her but it still breaks my heart.

casun

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Sorry for your loss @Carol 83 We recently lost our 18-year-old dog and he died in a cage with strangers. Thankfully he was only there for 12 hours but I’m still regretting the decision. I think you did the right thing.

Top Bottom