Rabbit’s foot Acacia

JesusFreak

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I know it’s suppose to close it’s leaves up at night but why would it be doing it in the day. Does it not like direct sunlight or something?

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Many Acacia do that whenever they have had enough sun, or want sun, or because they're playing with our emotions.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I don't know rabbit foot acacia. Some fold leaves up when they get too hot or dry. It is a way to conserve moisture. Try some different positions and see what happens.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It's an animated tree trying to get attention. Be happy, it's entertaining you!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I love the bark on that acacia. I don't have Rabbit's foot yet.

Tiki

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Looks fine and healthy. I had a rabbits foot I just got rid of this year to make room on the benches. Mine sat in full sun and never missed a beat. Yours looks good, keep doing what your doing.

JesusFreak

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
It’s one of my favorites so far, but I just didn’t know if I should be doing something different since he’s folding up when the sun peaks.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
I checked. This is an African species. Grows where it gets real hot and real dry for part of the year. It makes sense they have developed the ability to fold up leaves in the hotter parts of the day to help keep cool and conserve water so I think that behaviour is probably normal.

Top Bottom