Radiant malus crabapple (pre-bonsai) offering up a lovely show

Stan Kengai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sweet. This must have come from a greenhouse. I just repotted the first half of mine this past weekend, and the rest will probably be ready this week.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sweet. This must have come from a greenhouse. I just repotted the first half of mine this past weekend, and the rest will probably be ready this week.
Yes, a greenhouse from New England Bonsai. She had mentioned taking the photo for their site before it was waking up from dormancy.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
There have been some nasty viruses this winter!
True enough...I happen to have underlying conditions that cause a simple cold. To become compounded and an issue. But, I've recovered...and I'm enjoying my trees again. I was glad that the worst of it...my trees were dormant. That was a blessing.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Very pretty blooms, and I do like the pot. Not sure if they fit together, but it does give it some pop. Maybe after you develop it more. Almost looks like it'd make a good shohin, but crabapple are difficult I have found. I had one like yours that I kept changing and chopping and finally.... selling. Yours shows more promise than mine did though.

Top Bottom