Raintree

Vasyl

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Please help to idetify this tree. I bougt the seeds online and for two years believed that I am growing Brazilian rain trees. Recently I saw a Brazilian rain tree bonsai that looked nothing like my plants.

Attachments

• 20170211_220524.jpg
    20170211_220524.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 122

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
First off, Brazilian raintrees have thorns and your trees do not. I'm not sure what you have there.

Aaron

Vasyl

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
They act like raintrees - they fold their leaves at night but the leaves seem to be larger.

Jarath

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let it grow, then trunk chop. Probably best to do that in late winter to early spring.

Jarath

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
By the way. This tree has some beautiful yellow flowers.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Please help to idetify this tree. I bougt the seeds online and for two years believed that I am growing Brazilian rain trees. Recently I saw a Brazilian rain tree bonsai that looked nothing like my plants.

Please add location to profile for better answers;).

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If it is, you can have two plants --------- mame' [ 6 inches or so ] and with timed defoliation [ feed for a month. lots of sun ]
and the leaves go to about 1/2 inch [ total size ] or grow the trunk to say 3" and then aim at a few branches say 6.

Handles the typical samaan tree shape well. Easy to look after,

There was an Englishman down here, who mastered the mature tree shape, at around 2 feet high. The tree was
stunning!
Best of growing.
Good Day,
Anthony

Top Bottom