Raintrees!!!

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
Folks I am almost sure that this plant is Sub-Tropical, so my suggestion is to study the effects of
temperature on the tree.
I would hate to see your efforts die after say 25 years from Tropical growing exhaustion.

@Anthony, I happen to live in Brazil.
Brazil is a vast country, almost as big as the USA, and is mostly located between the Equator and the Capricorn Tropic.
Brazilian Rain Trees thrive here, and in the North (near and in the Amazon jungle) there are very big BRTs, much older than 25 years of age.
So, by mere observation, I think they really like humidity and hot weather.
Which means... Tropical! :)

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Mine are enjoying the summer. Debating on just letting them run, or giving them a serious pruning. They are growing every which way. View attachment 155222 View attachment 155223

Look thru some of my BRT posts or look for @JudyB or @Paradox and their posts about the BRT they have been growing.......(psst....cut the top back, let the lower shoots run, cut when you see buds at existing leafs....do it soon if you've not...):):cool::cool:

DSC02179.JPG

Apex will gather steam and take over.....:eek:

DSC02180.JPG

But letting 'em run a bit will give good back budding where you might need it.....strictly clip 'n grow here...

DSC02181.JPG

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Look thru some of my BRT posts or look for @JudyB or @Paradox and their posts about the BRT they have been growing.......(psst....cut the top back, let the lower shoots run, cut when you see buds at existing leafs....do it soon if you've not...):):cool::cool:

View attachment 155853

Apex will gather steam and take over.....:eek:

View attachment 155854

But letting 'em run a bit will give good back budding where you might need it.....strictly clip 'n grow here...

View attachment 155855
Thanks, I'll get on it tomorrow. Should have at least 2 1/2 months outside after to keep growing.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Seriously thinking about selling a ficus and replacing it with a raintree...some really nice trees in this thread!

sid4587

Seedling
Reaction score
Can anyone please explain what could be the possible reason that suddenly this BRT is throwing very small and stiff leaves. fertilizer/drainage/sunlight everything is as it is for past one year or so?...... It has been more than 30-40 days since when these small and hard leaves are coming......please give your inputs.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
1. Post your location in your profile. It makes a difference.
2. Tree doesn't like it's soil. Holding too much liquid and not enough oxygen.
3. BRT's near bullet proof, so what ever you have changed, un-change it.

Looks to be a nice tree, don't kill it. Your soil mix looks like mud.

PEACE OUT!

sid4587

Seedling
Reaction score
1. Post your location in your profile. It makes a difference.
2. Tree doesn't like it's soil. Holding too much liquid and not enough oxygen.
3. BRT's near bullet proof, so what ever you have changed, un-change it.

Looks to be a nice tree, don't kill it. Your soil mix looks like mud.

PEACE OUT!
https://www.google.co.in/maps/@12.9543371,80.2223826,14z
Tree has been in the same mixture for more than a year and was doing well. May be pot is just too big and need to go in smaller one. Pot volume is almost 25 liters.

Top Bottom