Random forum pages inaccessible

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hello,

I wondered if this was just me or not. I know I had spoken to yourself, bonsai nut, about it in PM once or twice but it seems to be happening more and more and if its just me, fair enough, no big deal but I feel like it wouldn't be just me..

Random pages, whether it be a page of a thread, the home page of the forum, a private message, basically each unique URL can sometimes become inaccessible.
Always the same loading kind of URL loading (ads.google... etc) the advert stuff.
Sometimes its not a big problem but recently I had it happen on the home page of the forum : https://www.bonsainut.com/forums/

And as of right now, (prompting me to post this) it is on a PM that Bobby just sent me, so I can't go to it to see it. Not sure what fixes it, closing browser doesn't. Maybe its a timed thing.
Any ways, wondered if this is something anyone else encounters?

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Like right now, can't access home page stuck on this:

Ads.png

And couldn't access this topic to post that.. restarting browser fixed it. :/

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I realise Im talking to myself lol but still! On the 53ft yamadori thread, page 3 and 5, both have this issue at the moment for me.. i swear, its like its spreading!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I have had similar issues. I recently had to change my email address and accesscodes because Google was going through some sort of reset and didn't bother to tell anyone that this was going on. By the time I found it out I had had to go and reset everything, and I am still trying to co-ordinate them. Between you and who ever cares I wish there was some way to tell Google to go and google themselves/. This is what happens sometimes when an entity gets so big it no longer cares about the people they are supposed to serve.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The AAC blog has some new info on our posting page about Britain and notifying you of cookies, laws and junk....

Brexit.?

Sorce

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A few weeks/month back I had problem(s) that the website didn't log me in or logged me out (maybe the cookie was eaten before it was saved) and I had to login twice. At this moment I sometimes have the problem that the page loads (maybe only partially, or maybe only the ads) before my ad-block can detect it shouldn't block this website, I get a ad-block warning (even tho I have trusted the website/disabled ad-block on this website).

My guess is that it has something to do with the url-redirection process being slow/delayed (possibly by the ads being loaded first (linked from the main host), which causes the ad-block error to kick in, if the cookies and website are on a separate server (IP-adres/host) and the URL re-direction (domain) isn't finished redirecting it could cause these problems, especially if the ads are linked to/from the host-IP, which could cause a few ms delay, because it has to collect the ads from google before redirecting the entire page+ads+cookies to "bonsainut.com", but that's all speculation. This could be tested on the original host IP/URL which doesn't need redirecting.

P.s.: Nice hosting company name btw ;) to bad they changed it. (I looked it up with whois, and traceroute).

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
A few weeks/month back I had problem(s) that the website didn't log me in or logged me out (maybe the cookie was eaten before it was saved) and I had to login twice. At this moment I sometimes have the problem that the page loads (maybe only partially, or maybe only the ads) before my ad-block can detect it shouldn't block this website, I get a ad-block warning (even tho I have trusted the website/disabled ad-block on this website).

My guess is that it has something to do with the url-redirection process being slow/delayed (possibly by the ads being loaded first (linked from the main host), which causes the ad-block error to kick in, if the cookies and website are on a separate server (IP-adres/host) and the URL re-direction (domain) isn't finished redirecting it could cause these problems, especially if the ads are linked to/from the host-IP, which could cause a few ms delay, because it has to collect the ads from google before redirecting the entire page+ads+cookies to "bonsainut.com", but that's all speculation. This could be tested on the original host IP/URL which doesn't need redirecting.

P.s.: Nice hosting company name btw ;) to bad they changed it. (I looked it up with whois, and traceroute).

You know what... Its Sunday, I'm not at work and that was too technical of a read to be grateful for making me read it, when I'm not at work. Lol.
Its happening a lot, and so far I still don't know if its just me or not :/. Maybe Ill ask Bobby or Catwood cos they are in UK as well, maybe its a UK ISP thing.
But it is certainly getting stuck on downloading the ad data, for what ever reason.
If it only happened once a day or so, its fine but its happening loads.. I don't like to complain about it cos I get complained at all day everyday, its my job, I don't tend to like being on the other side.

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
are in UK as well, maybe its a UK ISP thing
Well, the example I explained was for the redirection which shouldn't effect u because it all happens in America, but if google loads UK ads (from a local server) it could take more time to gather all that information. But I think google has clones of their servers across the world and are very fast taking the shortest route.

You could try this if you have the energy: https://www.webnots.com/fix-slow-page-loading-issue-in-google-chrome/ (don't download stuff from this website, I only skimmed the article).

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I just put it in my signature line...

Phone sideways to locate!

Watch out for nude Bonsai Dudes!

Sorce

I had literally just read the latests 2 posts in that blog! I noticed you added that link to your signature. I didn't realise the abbreviation was that.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
upload_2017-3-5_14-59-58.png

And again trying to home page

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I had literally just read the latests 2 posts in that blog! I noticed you added that link to your signature. I didn't realise the abbreviation was that.

Thanks for reading! Were trying to post more!

Leo has a draft going so that oughtta be good.

Sorce

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I need to reapply. I lost all of the links in the crash I suffered. I go Googled as well.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
I need to reapply. I lost all of the links in the crash I suffered. I go Googled as well.

Sorry to hear of your crash Vance, hope it gets better for you, did you lose pictures also...???

The Arbor Arts Image is awesome, makes me think of the Morphing of a Master Bonsai Gardener into his Ultimate State of Being...

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I just need to reapply with new password and stuff. I was hoping Mike could relay the message. My photos are intact because they are all saved to my own hard drive system, not the cloud, I don't do cloud, I don't like the cloud, I wont be bullied into using the cloud. I was told my stuff was secure about two weeks before the entire system was hacked.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It would help me if when you encounter problems you could do your best to try to figure out exactly where the problem is occurring. If you can write down the URL that would be great. Some thoughts:

(1) I know there are probably some broken links buried in our database. Additionally some of the older posts and threads may refer to content that no longer exists, pictures that have been deleted, etc. If you find any of these artifacts, let me know and I will address them.

(2) Google has been serving some bad ads. They do a much better job than anyone else out there in screening their ads, but some still make it through the system. I have had problems with Flash based animated ads that hang my browser, or scripts that refer to off-site content that are blocked by browser security. Since we need the ad money to run the site, all I can do is block the advertiser, or report the ad to Google.

Top Bottom