Random forum pages inaccessible

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I just need to reapply with new password and stuff. I was hoping Mike could relay the message. My photos are intact because they are all saved to my own hard drive system, not the cloud, I don't do cloud, I don't like the cloud, I wont be bullied into using the cloud. I was told my stuff was secure about two weeks before the entire system was hacked.

Vance are you talking about this site?

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ok, ill simply screenshot the URLs that pop up, as I have a few in this topic so far.
If there is more I can do, just tell me. It does seem to be happening to me more than others, so I am not ruling out something wrong on my side too. Just seems too coincidental to always be an ad URL that shows up when not loading.

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Find that it is when I visit a page, maybe go back to page 1 of a topic then back to page 2 and it does this issue. Most of the time it is revisiting a page I have already been on. Still bloody annoying but I know not much can be done.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Find that it is when I visit a page, maybe go back to page 1 of a topic then back to page 2 and it does this issue. Most of the time it is revisiting a page I have already been on. Still bloody annoying but I know not much can be done.

I can almost guarantee you it is a bad ad. I have run into a couple of those myself - where the page freezes and you see a blank or dark ad box at the bottom of the page. Hit "F5" to reload the page and everything should be fine - though if Google tries to serve the same bad ad your page may freeze again.

Google is normally pretty good about clearing bad ads out of their inventory. In my most recent experience, the bad ad was an animated Adobe Flash ad using old Flash code - so it was blocked from being displayed by my browser (as a security risk).

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@Bonsai Nut I’ve noticed the “www” subdomain and bare “bonsainut.com” domain of this site do not share cookie sessions. (this issue is not fully germane to this thread, but related to parts of the discussion)

I am able to independently log in and out of these two addresses:
I believe this Stack Overflow answer explains the technical reason and how to fix it: https://stackoverflow.com/a/2345171/1429647

Top Bottom