Random Of Doom!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I should be allowed to sign a waiver and see a veterinarian instead of a human medical doctor. It would be so much cheaper.
In your signature...

Is this the Funke I've been hearing about by the water cooler?

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So, I've always admired others' tattoos, but I've never gotten one myself. Mostly it's that I could never decide on something I would be ok with having permanently attached to me.
Then I thought to myself, "I've been married and divorced twice. I'm obviously ok with jumping into things much more consequential, so why not a tattoo?"

No clue where to even start with this process.
I have a couple ideas, but I'm no artist, so how do I get it across to the tattoo artist?
How do I even pick an artist? There's quite a few places in town for our population, and more to choose from not that far away. I'm not going for generic flash art here, so I want to shop around, but they don't all have big websites with a portfolio, and that's allot of shops to visit in person.
How do they usually calculate the cost?

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Then I thought to myself, "I've been married and divorced twice. I'm obviously ok with jumping into things much more consequential, so why not a tattoo?"

If youโ€™ve been divorced twice, thay tells me youโ€™re more likely to change your mind about what you want. Maybe a permanent tattoo isnโ€™t the best for your interests.

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
If youโ€™ve been divorced twice, thay tells me youโ€™re more likely to change your mind about what you want. Maybe a permanent tattoo isnโ€™t the best for your interests.
Just have to clarify here that a person can be divorced when they didn't change their mind at all. Staying married takes both parties staying in the game. I don't claim to know Shady's story on the marriage dissolution front. For myself, I change my mind ALL THE TIME, so no tattoos.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What @Flowerhouse said.
There's a reason I work with kids from troubled backgrounds. We'll leave it at that for now unless you really want my whole, convoluted life story.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Just get a tattoo that means something that is PERMANENTLY intertwined with your personality/beliefs/life that will NEVER change..

If someone ASKS you about a tattoo.. you should be able to thoroughly explain the meaning/idea/concept. It HAS to be meaningful, in my opinion.

I only have 4 tattoos...

All done by basement artist's whose work I really admired..

The tattoos where all drawn (rough) by myself, first.

And I can TALK.... for HOURS about the REASONS I got them, and what they "mean".

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Had a brief conversation about it with a coworker before summer break started. She's got some pretty impressive work on her arms, but not full sleeves.
She said just pick something you really like, like bonsai trees or something. ๐Ÿ˜‹

I thought about that, and even before bonsai I had thing for crazy looking, ancient trees, and always thought that if I was my own brand my logo would be such a tree.
Makes me think now I should find someone who does commercial art and THEN a tattoo artist to replicate it.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Make sure you get the rights to reproduce the artwork, otherwise the tattoo artist may not be able to copy it.
It'd likely be a personal favor from someone I know, or buy a college student's project piece or the like. Might even just look up some clip art and play with it.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My kids watch allot of those random stupidity videos on YouTube, like a 100 bath bombs in a giant balloon, filled the swimming pool with Jello, that sort of thing.

One I haven't seen yet: fill a waterbed with water beads.
Did we miss it somewhere, have any thoughts? It could be solution to everything wrong with water beds.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Today.. in the local paper... was '10 World Records Held by Wisconsinites'

Well, passed "Largest Lego Batman", "Largest Human
Water-skiing pyramid" and "Tallest Stilts" was ..

"Fastest Drinking of 1Liter of Gravy".. 60 seconds...

...and as that was sinking in.... the thought occurred, "Seems like 60 seconds is pretty slow."

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Ooooh didn't see THIS one..

24B721AC-5F32-4118-A672-E76A8FA87135.jpeg

Last edited:

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Today.. in the local paper... was '10 World Records Held by Wisconsinites'

Well, passed "Largest Lego Batman", "Largest Human
Water-skiing pyramid" and "Tallest Stilts" was ..

"Fastest Drinking of 1Liter of Gravy".. 60 seconds...

...and as that was sinking in.... the thought occurred, "Seems like 60 seconds is pretty slow."

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Ooooh didn't see THIS one..

View attachment 449571
212 pots!?!?
In one hour?!?!

Were they any good?

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

It's been popping up on me for like a year, so I finally watched it. It turned out to actually be interesting.

Top Bottom