Random Of Doom!

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Yea.
They may seem resistant, but they are still aware of the process.
That puts them a step closer to the world than many.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the tip though! I didn't know they finished filming and editing already.
This documentary I saw was about the Minotaurus, where they were looking for the truth about the Mythology. There they also discussed the link to other large cattle and the attempts to bring back the historic race for which the region was famous.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Ah, I see @leatherback . I remember that they did a bunch of interviews with the people I was working with. I figured that it might have aired already. I've switched to human genetics so I don't get much WUR updates anymore.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ummm... there was just a crane in my “tree area”!

I opened the door, we made eye contact, and he flew, lankily, away....

Feet on the ground... he/she was as tall as me..... THAT’LL wake you up!

🤣
Great big beautiful horned owl in the oak tree the other day. Gorgeous and majestic creature. A shame the family was all out for the day and couldn't see it themselves.

Shot it with a BB gun to scare it off because it was very interested in my chickens.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So, I saw in another thread that @Gabler had this as his signature:
What opposes unites, and the finest attunement stems from things bearing in opposite directions, and all things come about by strife.
—Heraclitus

I'm a sucker for good stoic quote, so thought I'd share.

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So, I saw in another thread that @Gabler had this as his signature:
What opposes unites, and the finest attunement stems from things bearing in opposite directions, and all things come about by strife.
—Heraclitus

I'm a sucker for good stoic quote, so thought I'd share.

It's nice to see people who appreciate the humanities. I studied philosophy in undergrad, and I've always enjoyed returning to the Heraclitus fragments.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's nice to see people who appreciate the humanities. I studied philosophy in undergrad, and I've always enjoyed returning to the Heraclitus fragments.

I took a few philosophy courses in college: just enough to know when someone was trying to outdo me with big words. But the rare occasions (though I guess not as rare any more in 2020) that I go all self-helpy I always land on stoicism. It's Taoism's more cynical twin; same messages but less spiritually motivated and with more room for argument. (Try telling me anger isn't a legit emotion. LOL)
I usually wonder through Meditations. Something about how it was never intended for public consumption makes it feel more personable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom