Randy Knight Trees

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
hmm, I went to that address yesterday, and it existed then...
not much to see on it however for sale.

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Make sure you put in the "www," It's still there but as Judy said it isn't much. Randy never was much for web sites but I think he's still working on this one.

mc4mc44

Mame
Reaction score
The site is definitely there. It looks like it's not finished yet, but it's there. A couple nice trees too, I like that RMJ for 375.

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks finally got it using the www. He has a nicely priced yamadori juniper on there.

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I can see two prices for junipers... but no pictures. The only trees I see with prices and pictures are one limber and one fir. Are you guys seeing the junipers?

mc4mc44

Mame
Reaction score
I can see two prices for junipers... but no pictures. The only trees I see with prices and pictures are one limber and one fir. Are you guys seeing the junipers?

There are a couple pictures with prices in rocky mountain junipers and spruces too. And one in the ponderosas. Not all the trees have pictures yet i guess.

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
So drop him an e mail and complain about his web site. If enough people would do this maybe some of the nurseries would start showing us what they actually have. I know it would help me out here in nowhere with the closest nursery 700 mi away.

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
This is typical of most places. Instead of displaying their inventory openly, you typically have to contact them for additional info. I have found that every nursery I emailed to inquire about X species within Y budget always elicited the info I was after. Seems easier to post pics of the trees you have available, but I dont have a nursery, so maybe emailing on a case by case basis is easiest? I would email him about specifics though.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Only problem I have with emailing to ask for availability,(with vendors I do not know) is that I feel then somewhat obliged to purchase. I hate to make people scour their stock to see what they may have just to blow them off. Not that I don't purchase online, but who wants to bug someone for pictures, when you may not buy it?

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Only problem I have with emailing to ask for availability,(with vendors I do not know) is that I feel then somewhat obliged to purchase. I hate to make people scour their stock to see what they may have just to blow them off. Not that I don't purchase online, but who wants to bug someone for pictures, when you may not buy it?

Hi Judy,
I understand where you are coming from. However, much of this material is up near $1000. If these prices are indicative of their stock. Then I am sure they would understand having to do some scouring work for these prices.

Rob

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There are a couple pictures with prices in rocky mountain junipers and spruces too. And one in the ponderosas. Not all the trees have pictures yet i guess.

Thanks, I see them now. I didn't click into the categories with no picture before.

Does anyone else think the $375 tree was mixed up with one of the trees on either side... as far as price? We may not be able to see what's going on with the others but it sure has more going on in the listing pic.

mc4mc44

Mame
Reaction score
Thanks, I see them now. I didn't click into the categories with no picture before.

Does anyone else think the $375 tree was mixed up with one of the trees on either side... as far as price? We may not be able to see what's going on with the others but it sure has more going on in the listing pic.

I was thinking the same thing, that tree is just too nice to be $375. The $125 spruce has a picture of a completely different tree in the larger images area. At first I thought it was the same tree, just at different angles, but then I realized one is in a rootmaker pot, and the other is in a regular round one. Maybe that means you get both trees for the price of one?:rolleyes:

The site is new, give him time to get it together. I'm just excited to have another place to get trees from :D Someone should buy something quick just to give him the motivation to keep the site going this time.

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
BeeKeeper

I was thinking the same thing, that tree is just too nice to be $375. The $125 spruce has a picture of a completely different tree in the larger images area. At first I thought it was the same tree, just at different angles, but then I realized one is in a rootmaker pot, and the other is in a regular round one. Maybe that means you get both trees for the price of one?:rolleyes:

The site is new, give him time to get it together. I'm just excited to have another place to get trees from :D Someone should buy something quick just to give him the motivation to keep the site going this time.

He has been spending a lot of time the last couple of years playing with bees. That may be taking more of his time than collecting and putting up a usable portal.

Top Bottom