Rare Satsuki Azalea Takao Bonsai

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Lol I would prefer going over to Bonsai Auctions and spending the same funds on an AMAZING ROR Satsuki Azalea by one Scott Lee has up for auction. Take that back...CHEAPER! For the ROR...

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Why does your listing state that you "have no idea what this flower looks like", yet the image is of a plant in bloom? is the listing not for the tree in the photo?

I'd suggest you do a little market research on pricing; IMO, the decimal point is one place too far right on this and the wisteria seedlings. By comparison, this azalea is the same height, but obviously further developed to have a trunk, listed on FB auctions at $450...and didn't sell.
image.jpeg
From the OP EBay link:
Specimen Bonsai Satsuki Azalea 'Takao'

This is a specimen bonsai azalea imported from Japan a couple years ago. It is currently growing in a training pot with Kanuma soil and some sphagnum moss on top to prevent the soil from drying. This species is known as "Takao", I have no idea what this flower looks like as it was bred in Japan and was told that this is a new breed of azalea. From what the many buds look like, it appears to be a white flower or pink with either orange or red stripes. They will most-likely look like the ones in the first picture up above. This azalea will flower very soon, around late April to May. From the pictures given, this species has tons of flower buds waiting to explode, I can't even count them all. I would have to say that there are over 30 blooms on each major branch. In other words, there are probably around 200 or more flowers that are getting ready to emerge. I know you would not want to miss it! This tree would make a great plant for any collection or bonsai enthusiast, and will be a complete show stopper in a month or so. Do not hesitate to make me an offer, or buy this tree outright! The tree will be shipped with the pot, but it will have to be transplanted next year, or right after the flowers emerge.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I like it.....

Would you by any chance accept a trade?

I have a Bridge....an Island.....and 2 tickets on the next flight to mars..

The bridge comes with Great White Sharks...
The Island Comes with a 2 headed man named Anthony and Khai.
And the trip to mars comes with head from a Martian prostitute....

show you neighbor quality.

Even the non bonsai neighbor would call you Crazy!

Welcome to It!

Sorce

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
I like it.....

Would you by any chance accept a trade?

I have a Bridge....an Island.....and 2 tickets on the next flight to mars..

The bridge comes with Great White Sharks...
The Island Comes with a 2 headed man named Anthony and Khai.
And the trip to mars comes with head from a Martian prostitute....

Even the non bonsai neighbor would call you Crazy!

Welcome to It!

Sorce
I will trade you one of my white pine for that,special kind its showing nice fall color on all the needles, in spring!

ORB1315

Yamadori
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for your comments and interest, it really means a lot to me! Keep the comments coming please!!!!!!!!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you all so much for your comments and interest, it really means a lot to me! Keep the comments coming please!!!!!!!!

I'll be the first to invite you into this community..

Give you a redo...

You Must realize.....

What you have done is the equivalent of walking into a Baptist Church in the Hood trying to sell a gallows with a free noose!

A TV in Amish country.....

Christianity to Isis.

Sense to Trump.

If one walks into the street like that.....
One gets hit by a car.

Anotherbody's Klytus. Gotta be.

Sorce

ORB1315

Yamadori
Reaction score
Why does your listing state that you "have no idea what this flower looks like", yet the image is of a plant in bloom? is the listing not for the tree in the photo?

I'd suggest you do a little market research on pricing; IMO, the decimal point is one place too far right on this and the wisteria seedlings. By comparison, this azalea is the same height, but obviously further developed to have a trunk, listed on FB auctions at $450...and didn't sell.
View attachment 103045
From the OP EBay link:
Specimen Bonsai Satsuki Azalea 'Takao'

This is a specimen bonsai azalea imported from Japan a couple years ago. It is currently growing in a training pot with Kanuma soil and some sphagnum moss on top to prevent the soil from drying. This species is known as "Takao", I have no idea what this flower looks like as it was bred in Japan and was told that this is a new breed of azalea. From what the many buds look like, it appears to be a white flower or pink with either orange or red stripes. They will most-likely look like the ones in the first picture up above. This azalea will flower very soon, around late April to May. From the pictures given, this species has tons of flower buds waiting to explode, I can't even count them all. I would have to say that there are over 30 blooms on each major branch. In other words, there are probably around 200 or more flowers that are getting ready to emerge. I know you would not want to miss it! This tree would make a great plant for any collection or bonsai enthusiast, and will be a complete show stopper in a month or so. Do not hesitate to make me an offer, or buy this tree outright! The tree will be shipped with the pot, but it will have to be transplanted next year, or right after the flowers emerge.
Keep in mind that I have updated the listing on ebay, but I did however list the tree when it was not in bloom. That is why I had no idea what the flowers looked like. I just now updated my listing. Thanks for all of your interest Brian, have a nice day!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Tough crowd here at the nut house....and comment wise, an item is 'worth' what you can get for it so let the market decide what a tree is worth imho.

ORB1315

Yamadori
Reaction score
Tough crowd here at the nut house....and comment wise, an item is 'worth' what you can get for it so let the market decide what a tree is worth imho.
Thank you very much quietobserver. I'm just trying to sell these trees so I can pay for my summer college classes. I hate to let them go, but I have no choice... :(

base797

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
image.jpeg Hmmm, I've got a rare flowering spruce that I'm only asking $449.99. Should be show ready in a couple years. Hope it sells so I can pay my mortgage.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy Bonsaimaster1!

I think you'll make it!

I still think you should sell weed tho!

Sorce

ORB1315

Yamadori
Reaction score
View attachment 103079 Hmmm, I've got a rare flowering spruce that I'm only asking $449.99. Should be show ready in a couple years. Hope it sells so I can pay my mortgage.
Maybe, it has pretty good form. I would ask more for it, it is worth way more than that. I will pay extra for that purple leaf plum in the pot as well! :)

base797

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe, it has pretty good form. I would ask more for it, it is worth way more than that. I will pay extra for that purple leaf plum in the pot as well! :)
Damn, I took the time to tape that branch on, guess it does appear to be just stuck in the pot.

It's good you have a sense of humor. Welcome.

Patrik

Top Bottom