Rarepalmseeds...should I worry?

Dacian

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hi,

Rarepalmseeds is a vendor of tree, especially palm, seeds from E.U., Germany to be exact. The site looks quite good in my opinion, you can find the species you are looking for quite easily. It also gives you the possibility to search for species by grow pattern, type, suitable medium etc. which is helpful.
I ordered quite a few seeds almost 3 weeks ago, different coniferous species and some maple seeds, I was so happy to find most of the seeds that i was looking for so close. I chose priority shipping which should take no more than 9 days plus 4-5 days for processing. The days that were advertised as maximum for processing are gone, and they still are processing the order...I spoke on the phone 2 times already with a lady who told me 1st that the order will be shipped in the beginning of this week, and it didn't. Than I spoke with the same lady yesterday and she told me that the seeds will be shipped yesterday or today, they weren't. The lady told me each time that they are extremely busy. But that's not my concern right?, as long as the processing and shipping time given, advertised by them are different.
Did anyone have any experience with this vendor? I found some very bad reviews today, funny tho' i was searching for reviews previous to placing the order and i didn't find the bad ones.
If I will receive the order shortly after this post i recommend this vendor, despite the delay, for quite a nice selection of seeds and prices. I will let you know and continue with the germination process if this isn't a scam.
What other seed vendors from Europe can you recommend ?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd only be worried if it were facepalmseeds.com.

Welcome to Crazy!

Seems they're so rare though, you ain't fucking getting em! Lol!

Nah, our mail been jacked lately. I been to the post twice recently and it's been closed.

That RoRo Bro Bro!

That V.I. one niner.

That Mask Racket.

That "quicker to Greys" BS.

Sorce

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
They have a terrible reputation online.
That said some people are happy with them, so you will likely get your order eventually. Seems more like bad customer service and delays more than anything.
I wouldn't worry just yet.

I have ordered from here before with no problem.

Amazon can be a fairly reliable place to order from too. That is probably where I order most of my seeds from.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
From what I can see on Dutch forums, the website is somewhat trustworthy but DOES raise eyebrows everywhere it's mentioned; either because there's poor communication, or because people want to know if it's a scam because their deliveries are late.

Seed vendors in Europe:
Semences dupuy is a good one, solid germination rates but high prices. Based in France.
Vreekens zaden, terrible website but good people, lots of heirloom stuff and novelties. Don't know if there's an English version of their website. Based in NL.
https://oreshka-seeds.com/ - I get a lot of US native seeds from them, they make use of some old Cold war era experimental fields. Based in Russia/Ukraine.
https://www.treeseedonline.com/ not to be mistaken with treeseedSonline, which seems to be a scam. Treeseedonline has delivered everything right on time, no issues whatsoever. Based in the UK.

Ebay is cheap, but a hit or miss most of the times. As long as your sellers aren't from Asia, it's usually reliable.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is not a good era to judge these things by. I get delay updates from UPS many times now, and they are the Cadillac of shippers. I track USPS outbound and often things get stuck hither & yon for no apparent reason. I bought some seeds for a Mesquite from Chile from an Aussie company and they were shipped from Indonesia. In this day & age of international inter-connectedness little guys can ban together and supply each other so that a German company can sell Palm seeds, et al. I bought a CD for Euros from England and it was shipped from Long Island, NY.

Dacian

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Thank you for the great feedback peeps!

Dacian

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I’ve ordered from them once. Took four months for my order to show up. Seeds were legit and mostly viable. But their customer service leaves something to be desired lol
Yes it definitely does, sincerity and reliability is way down.

Daniel_UK

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ordered lots of seeds before Christmas from them and they arrived in good time. I planted them 2 weeks ago - they are germinating well so far: desert rose and ficus rubiginosa in particular. Where are you from?

Dacian

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I ordered lots of seeds before Christmas from them and they arrived in good time. I planted them 2 weeks ago - they are germinating well so far: desert rose and ficus rubiginosa in particular. Where are you from?
Romania.
Thank you, that's reassuring.

Dacian

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My order has been shipped today. I ordered on 21st of January, today is 8th of February so it's all good especially with all these pandemic measures that pretty much slow everything down.
BUT, i think everyone naturally expects sincerity from the customer service, I would have prefered to hear them saying that there is a delay, it can last a week or two longer and that's it, do you want to keep the order or should we go forward? That would be really awesome to have from someone with 10+ years in the field.
I received a tracking number of course and it works. (some people claimed that their tracking number didn't work in some reviews that i found). The order should arrive towards the end of this week, but due to the pandemic it may take a little longer. I will edit this post after receiving them and than after the germination process. Maybe I'll make some videos along the way so that other can learn from my mistakes or success.
Thank you for helping with your own reviews, recommendations and thoughts.

Last edited:

Dacian

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sorry for not updating, i've been quite busy. The order was delivered in good condition 3 days after departure, monday-thursday. All seeds were in perfect condition, they smelled so incredibly good, i could not get my nose out of the bags lol. I began stratifying them and some already sprouted. I will update with some pics when i get back home. Thank you.
So this being said i recommnd ordering from rarepalmseeds but do it a little bit in advance of the date you want to begin working the seeds because they seem to be quite busy.
Have a good one, peace!

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m glad they turned up and are doing well. I agree with you in that it would have been good customer service to inform you of the delay or to even announce on their website that they are currently experiencing delays.
No one likes to be kept guessing, particularly after handing over payment.

Top Bottom