Really???

tmjudd1

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I just saw a Ponderosa Pine, on ebay, from Brussel's Bonsai with a $1,300+ price tag on it. I tried to save the image so I could share it here, but... can't seem to successfully do it. I gave up trying to save the image. If you want to see it, you'll have to go to ebay and see it for yourself. Anyway... the following photo is of a Ponderosa Pine that I purchased from Andy (Golden Arrow Bonsai), back in January. It has much more character than the one that Brussel's is trying to sell for over $1,300!. I payed Andy around $200 for 'mine'! "Really?" I've also looked at a few of the JBP's being sold by Brussel's. Most of them in the $200-$500 price range look more like deformed 'knots' with a few scraggly branches growing out of the knots. I find it hard to believe that people actually pay soooo much money for their stuff, but. I guess they do, for some reason!

Here's my cheap PP from Andy. I've been feeding it heavy, for six months. It's liking it a lot! Super long needles and lot's of back-budding starting to emerge. I'm hoping that there will be enough foliage development in place to finally start seeing some natural needle size reduction in the next two to three years. So far, so good!

17 July 2019.jpg

This is how it looked when I purchased it. It 'still' looked better than Brussel's $1,300 dollar tree!

Last edited:

coachspinks

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I was able to screen shot (or is it shoot) it. I understand what you are saying. But in defense of Brussel's, I am impressed/surprised at the affordability of Golden Arrow's trees. I think they could probably ask more and sell still sell out. I think Ponderosa is one of the trendier trees in Bonsai and they are trying to capitalize on that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 7.54.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 7.54.37 PM.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 49

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Hmmm, as a fan of Brussels.... I'd be interested to know the dimensions of this pondy.

Edit:....not feeling that 'pot' either....especially for $1300.00.
I'd like a decent container for that.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Definitely some/many overpriced trees on Ebay. One seller usually says "fat trunk" for tiny 1/4" to 1/2" trunks. Where is the truth in advertising:rolleyes:? Have several far far better Ponderosas direct from Randy Knight for far far less:p.

Top Bottom