REBS Show

J W

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I'm getting ready for the show this weekend. It would be nice to know if any one from this site will be able to attend this year. I wouldn't mind putting a few faces to the names. Here is the link. http://www.rebsbonsai.org/annual%20show.html

It's going to be a great show, I'm curious with the weather we have had lately and the tree's in the park already starting to show color almost a fall like color how it will affect the bonsai tree's being displayed.

JW

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday with several of us from Sacramento. We'll be attending the evening dinner too. looking forward to it!

Paul

J W

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Good deal Paul. I believed we have discussed redwood's on line before. I will be there both days and at the dinner. lol At this time I have agreed to help with set up / take down, security, selling raffle tickets and I had to talk my wife into making cookies for the free cafe...

JW

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This show has always seemed to draw great talent and has regularly produced good photos online. Looking forward to seeing them.

I also looked at the vendors listing for the show. I think this may be the only show I've seen that has a septic tank maintenance firm on the vendor list. What's up with that?

I've heard of bonsai BS, but never had a vendor around to clean it up at a show before:D:D:D:D:D:D sorry....couldn't resist. Who's next to them in the tent/conference room?:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
Jw,

Members of California Bonsai Society, Nanpu kai and Kofu kai Bonsai are going there today. It will be a bus load of us. Rebs always put a good show and i'm happy to attend this year with Harry Hirao and lots of Kofu Kai members going also. See yuh !!! :D:D:D

Peter

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
When I opened this up I thought I was going to hear about a show in Georgia or Alabama, there aren't any REBS in California, false advertising.........:D

keep it green,
Harry

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
When I opened this up I thought I was going to hear about a show in Georgia or Alabama, there aren't any REBS in California, false advertising.........:D

keep it green,
Harry[/QUOTEI offer as evidence my 17 year old son.... A rebel without a clue. (in CA)

J W

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Well I started at 8 this morning and left at 7:45 this afternoon. It was just amazing we had 25 to 30 people help set everything up. The tree's are amazing and Kathy showed up around 12 or so and started placing tree's. This is the first year we are going to judge tree's. It was a hard decision for a lot of people but I trust that it will pay off and teach us to grow in our knowledge.

I will say that there is a tremendous amount of talent in one room and you have people that specialize in one variety of tree or species. And with this you have strong ego's. I could go on and on with names but I will say this the respect and guidance they provide each other is just a great thing to witness and share.

I will post the pictures of a few tree's, but in all honesty there is no way the will ever give these tree's justice. I helped move a 4 man tree today that was moved in completely supported by rebar. There was six pieces of rebar and the dead wood was a foot across with a small vein of live wood. I'm sure you have seen this tree before it's on a lot of web sites. I will take a picture for those that haven't.

Hey Rockm I was sitting eating lunch with the guy your refering to. And I couldn't help but say something also. He guaranties he can provide the best fertalizer and all you will ever need...He can probably ship some to you...

JW

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Pictures, lots of pictures. everyone going take a camera, duplicates accepted.

keep it green,
Harry

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
I had a great time at the show yesterday. despite the heat. Congratulations to your club.
I honestly think this is the best bonsai show I've seen in the thirty years I have been involved with bonsai. I believe there were over 200 trees displayed and I unfortunately didn't get photos of them all. Ill try to post what I have.

Paul

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well,???

Where are the pics? :D:D

"Hey Rockm I was sitting eating lunch with the guy your refering to. And I couldn't help but say something also. He guaranties he can provide the best fertalizer and all you will ever need...He can probably ship some to you..."

Uh, no thanks. I live in D.C. I'm hip deep in crap already :D:D

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Geebus!!!! don't you people have cameras? come on share a little :p :)

I think we are going to try and make it to REBS next year... Charlie Anderson has been trying to get us to go forever!!

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
"Hey Rockm I was sitting eating lunch with the guy your refering to. And I couldn't help but say something also. He guaranties he can provide the best fertalizer and all you will ever need...He can probably ship some to you..."

Uh, no thanks. I live in D.C. I'm hip deep in crap already :D:D

Priceless!

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
"Uh, no thanks. I live in D.C. I'm hip deep in crap already "

The Gman hit the nail on the head, LOL - P.h.d., come on rock, pile it higher and deeper. I know don't drag it into the kareyoke bar.

I agree lets see em.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Here it is Wednesday and no pictures yet, we need to take up a collection and buy somebody on the west coast a camera............:(

keep it green,
Harry

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
Here it is Wednesday and no pictures yet, we need to take up a collection and buy somebody on the west coast a camera............:(

keep it green,
Harry

Sorry Harry, some of us have to go to work...

Here's a link to the few pictures I took. Only about 30 out of the 200+ trees in the show. I kept running into old friends and talking and then the show as over.
http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/pbholtzen/rebs/?albumview=slideshow

The quality of trees in this show is amazing.

Paul

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Sorry Harry, some of us have to go to work...

Here's a link to the few pictures I took. Only about 30 out of the 200+ trees in the show. I kept running into old friends and talking and then the show as over.
http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd287/pbholtzen/rebs/?albumview=slideshow

The quality of trees in this show is amazing.

Paul

Yeah, sometimes I forget everyone is not retired...
Beautiful trees, I will go and look at them many times, thanks for taking time out of your busy life to post them.

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom