Rebuilding Arakawa Maple

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Last year I finally managed to get some decent 'Arakawa' Japanese maples. I have made a video of the first one, which floats around on the forum somewhere.

The second I only repotted last year, and the summer I just left it to do its thing. This weekend it was time to get wild with wire, in a first step towards rebuilding this as a tree instead of as a homogenous dome.

April 2022
logo_20220427_12.jpg

Yesterday:
1673040581588.png

Today
1673040612038.png

Ply

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
You cant tell me you cant find an arakawa on google, in the Netherlands.
You can. But I wasn't asking where you can buy them, I was asking wires where specifically bought his. Hence why I asked him. Need more explanation?

Ply

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Esveld seems to sell them for 40 euros. I think boskoops has them too.
I saw the ones on Esveld their site and was thinking about getting one. But they don't have any pictures of the actual stock. And especially considering they are most likely grafted I'm curious as to what you can expect. Do you have a picture of yours you could share? Either in pm, here, or in the 'recent purchases' topic?

Edit:
Also, to add something more on topic, nice tree Jelle, looking forward to see its future!

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I saw the ones on Esveld their site and was thinking about getting one. But they don't have any pictures of the actual stock. And especially considering they are most likely grafted I'm curious as to what you can expect. Do you have a picture of yours you could share? Either in pm, here, or in the 'recent purchases' topic?

Edit:
Also, to add something more on topic, nice tree Jelle, looking forward to see its future!
No, I can't. It's not delivered yet.
Might be grafted, but then I'll just air layer it. Take a bunch of cuttings and sell those online too.
I hate maples but seeing how much they cost as a bonsai stump, I'm thinking of selling a bunch of cuttings.

ptolomeo

Sapling
Reaction score

Edit:
I bought recently 4 different cultivars from Esveld (none Arakawa, as unfortunately was not available at the moment) and all are grafted but good for cuttings and air layers.

Top Bottom