Recent bald cypress projects

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Pretty cool trees Eddy! I got a nice fat BC that im going to do some carving soon, do you know if I can start carving in the winter here in MD zone 7A?

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Man, these are awesome. Very outside the box and unique styles for bald cypress. Very well done. Can’t wait to see these in leaf!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice group planting. Elegant lines! Looking forward to seeing this develop and mature!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Pretty cool trees Eddy! I got a nice fat BC that im going to do some carving soon, do you know if I can start carving in the winter here in MD zone 7A?
I think late winter/early spring before buds swell should be good. That’s probably like what, late March for you?

62veedub

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Like the others said, very nice! Looking forward to updates in the future

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Interesting unusual styling;). One thing; If wanting any bigger trunks get out of the Bonsai pots and use grow boxes or ground.

Millard B.

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
A few years back I collected 3 dozen BC, cut the root mass to size, then put them in 15 ,25, 45 gallon pots in a pine bark, peat, sand, saw dust nursery mix. By the next summer they all died- root mealy bugs. Now I put all collected BC in a 4"x4" PT flooded frame with a shower pan liner. Roots stay submerged- no more bug problems- rapid growth! We're going on a BC dig on a 56,000 acre ranch west of Ft Pierce Fl. in 2 weeks. It is best to start out with top shelf material. I collected 15 BC last year up to Sept with only one loss. No more two person trees, smaller is better on the spine. Pots are cheaper too.
I'm looking for a source of southern grown Japanese black pine in jiffy liners-could use 100 if fair price

Stormwater

Shohin
Reaction score
A few years back I collected 3 dozen BC, cut the root mass to size, then put them in 15 ,25, 45 gallon pots in a pine bark, peat, sand, saw dust nursery mix. By the next summer they all died- root mealy bugs. Now I put all collected BC in a 4"x4" PT flooded frame with a shower pan liner. Roots stay submerged- no more bug problems- rapid growth! We're going on a BC dig on a 56,000 acre ranch west of Ft Pierce Fl. in 2 weeks. It is best to start out with top shelf material. I collected 15 BC last year up to Sept with only one loss. No more two person trees, smaller is better on the spine. Pots are cheaper too.
I'm looking for a source of southern grown Japanese black pine in jiffy liners-could use 100 if fair price
Nice advise. Those big pots might be just for the rich. Was that 4inch seems small. Can you share a pic?

Stormwater

Shohin
Reaction score
Cut roots back last year in late March on a handful, trees responded very well (md 7a). Though, I didn’t do carving.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thanks buddy! I am in Silver Spring, same zone as you.

Dystopik

Seedling
Reaction score
Love these BC trees, Eddy! 😍
Would love to see them with spring foliage on!

Top Bottom