Remarkable Specimens critique by 4 professional practicioners

parhamr

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m the asshole in the green plaid shirt. Hi!

Two additional trees had been selected for the critique but were far too large to effectively move or even fit through the doors. The omitted trees were a large American Larch forest by Lee Cheatle and an informal upright, semi-candelabra Subalpine Fir by Scott Elser.

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
I’m the asshole in the green plaid shirt. Hi!

Two additional trees had been selected for the critique but were far too large to effectively move or even fit through the doors. The omitted trees were a large American Larch forest by Lee Cheatle and an informal upright, semi-candelabra Subalpine Fir by Scott Elser.
Scott's subalpine fir was awesome. The multi-apex styling was so unique and the sheer size of it was breath taking. My mind kept going back to "How did he get that off the lava bed?" I would have loved to hear the group critique that one as well. The super critique was a great part of the weekend.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Does anyone know more about the larch display at the Nationals from that Ryan mentioned? I would be curious to see the way the artist covered the inverse taper he mentioned. @f1pt4 is it someone you know from Toronto area?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Killer Ass Flic!

S

D

Deleted member 21616

quickly browsed the video to see which trees were being discussed.... The winning maple is there :)

looking forward to watching this one!

it's unusual to see a maple or deciduous on the mirai website! the last 4 months of weekly videos had unfortunately ignored deciduous -- i unsubscribed a month ago :(

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I do not subscribe to Marai's Pay-Per-View so I can't watch it but thanks for offering it up.

Top Bottom