Reminder, It's Not Spring... Last Winter Shots

CovertNeo

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
So we got about six inches of snow dumped on us in Southwest Virginia. As I walk through my garage I have a few trees with bursting buds, getting me excited, and keeping me busy. Take one look outside this morning, and I'm reminded that it's not yet spring. I got a couple of shots of one of my Junipers, holding snow up proudly.

Get outside and get a shot or two, as the snow won't stay long.

full

full

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Light snow is falling right now here in SE PA, but only sticking on the grassy surfaces on north slopes where the ground is especially cold. The leaf buds are my trees are still pretty much stationary, and we are not even close to leaf out, gonna be early to mid April for sure. Only a couple flowering trees have come out and forsythia buds are still closed. The plants are really getting to sleep in this year. I anticipate especially robust growth as a result.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yea, I was out in the snow this morning washing soil off the roots of my slippery elm doing a quickie repot—like to froze my fingers off! Seems like every time I go in the garage I find another tree pushing buds. The good news is we are projected for a break with a return to consistently warm temps by Friday. No more bonsai two-step. Good thing, I have a dozen bald cypress seedlings on the way.

theta

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was reminded tonight as I carried all my trees back in the garage, haha.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Snowed here, all day yesterday. Luckily it was warm enough there wasn't a lot of accumulation.

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
We had temps around 15°C/59°F last weekend so my trees got really happy. Next weekend they're predicting temps around -4°C/25°F at night. I better get my newly repotted ones indoors on Friday.

Top Bottom