Remington Industries Copper Wire

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Is this annealed wire?
General use copper wire is usually hard due to manufacturing process so it can be very hard to apply smoothly which makes it a pain in the A to use on bonsai.

JackHammer

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Is this annealed wire?
General use copper wire is usually hard due to manufacturing process so it can be very hard to apply smoothly which makes it a pain in the A to use on bonsai.
It says it is certified annealed in the fine print. It also bends like it is annealed.

I went back and got 3 more rolls. :)

I found them by searching annealed wire on Amazon, but Amazon is a few dollars more.

Schmikah

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Is this annealed wire?
Apparently so, that ASTM standard on the product page is for annealed or soft (read not work hardened yet) copper wire.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Received 14,16,18,20 and all is nicely annealed and clean.

Ordering more today

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Bought some 14, 16 and 18 to try. Are these supposed to be cheaper than bonsai stores?

JackHammer

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Bought some 14, 16 and 18 to try. Are these supposed to be cheaper than bonsai stores?
The bonsai wire market is a mess. There are pre-made packages that you can buy but they always seem super expensive. I honestly couldn't tell you what a "good" price would be for decent wire. Between garden shops that mark everything "bonsai" up 200% and lesser quality wire, the obfuscation makes it really difficult to understand what a decent price is. I am willing to pay full price but not if there is bonsai markup price gouging. It seems like the sweet spot is 'industrial manufacturing of annealed copper wire'. This is important because the bonsai markup is not included.

This is the best i have found but if there are others that are better, I am all ears.
For the record, i got 100' of 20, 18, 16, 14.

I wrapped all the wire around a pen. Nice tight fit and easy to bend. No movement after removing said pen.
20230305_102935.jpg

yashu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4/5
Even unannealed wire is easily annealed with a bbq grill and a bag of charcoal. I’ve been using reclaimed romex. Just coil the wire, throw a quarter bag of charcoal in the grill, get it going like you were going to cook on it and then throw the coiled wire right on the coals. By morning the insulation has burned off and the wire is nicely annealed, just rinse and you’re good to go… all that said, these prices for something factory annealed is hard to pass up.

Top Bottom