Reporting my Japanese larch today.

zero

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Wow- I’m a big fan of the Larch and this one looks impressive to me. I must also say the pot is quite nice! Is that Jin near the apex? So cool

misfit11

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Very nice! I remember this tree of Grouper's well. It was always my favorite tree of his. Congratulations!

Did you just slip pot it then? The surface hasn't been disturbed at all.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I cut off about 1/2 of the roots, I left most of the top part alone because I like the moss lol and since larch likes a lot of water I didn’t think it would harm it by leaving most of the top moss.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Wow- I’m a big fan of the Larch and this one looks impressive to me. I must also say the pot is quite nice! Is that Jin near the apex? So cool
Thanks ! I’m so lucky to own this tree, all the work was done by Will and I’m intending to leave it just like that lol. There’s several Jins and Sharis around the tree. Need to hit it with lime sulphur again soon.

BonsaiMatt

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great tree!
Will's trees are hands down some of my favorite american bonsai, you are very fortunate! Very unique style.
If you have the chance, take some pics with a real camera so you don't get the fake blurry edges, we can't see the jins. I think this is an iphone thing, fake bokeh... I am not a fan.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Great tree!
Will's trees are hands down some of my favorite american bonsai, you are very fortunate! Very unique style.
If you have the chance, take some pics with a real camera so you don't get the fake blurry edges, we can't see the jins. I think this is an iphone thing, fake bokeh... I am not a fan.
Yes ! Once I get a chance I will put a background and take some better pics, these are just when I was outside earlier today.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice larch for sure...His Vine maple was my favorite. But...I like quirky...and it screamed that to me. Would love to see it as well. When you get around to sharing.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Nice larch for sure...His Vine maple was my favorite. But...I like quirky...and it screamed that to me. Would love to see it as well. When you get around to sharing.
This one ? Lol .... repotted it last week to a diff pot as it was in a mica pot before. I’ll take some better pics later for u. 886D3B67-523A-47BC-AD84-9567D0699725.jpeg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This one ? Lol .... repotted it last week to a diff pot as it was in a mica pot before. I’ll take some better pics later for u. View attachment 362693
Thanks, that's the one... I may...be older than you even. But slight chance not, you may write this one into your will for me. 🥰

Thanks again for sharing.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thanks, that's the one... I may...be older than you even. But slight chance not, you may write this one into your will for me. 🥰

Thanks again for sharing.
I am 43 years old lol. I am honor that you love my tree that much. Putting you in my will is not a problem as I want some one to take good care of my trees, it’s the logistic that’s an issue.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I am 43 years old lol. I am honor that you love my tree that much. Putting you in my will is not a problem as I want some one to take good care of my trees, it’s the logistic that’s an issue.
You are to kind...I am older, I'm 49. So a will may not make sense. 🙃... adoption also doesn't work. Also to old. But yes, I like this one. I'm glad I can enjoy it through images. I absolutely am THRILLED you have it. That we can watch you continue it on its journey. 🥰 I have always been able to enjoy another ones successes and blessings.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thank you ! I have been looking at this pot for it which I think it’s perfect because the roots under the tree flare out all diff directions so it needs at least 18 inches all around .... only thing is it’s so expensive.... but big Tokoname pots are very hard to find and very expensive...... still debating.... calling blood and sperm bank tomorrow to see what’s the going rates these days...😂😂😂D9A7D0E6-A467-4BB1-B8D0-F339EB7E9549.png

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Your larch has a spider web disease which need to be get rid soon or it will transfer to you entire collection. I have a place you can send to if you wish to save your collection.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Your larch has a spider web disease which need to be get rid soon or it will transfer to you entire collection. I have a place you can send to if you wish to save your collection.
Hello! I am googling now for more infos on it. And what’s this place that would save my collection? Thanks. Tommy

Graft

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You are wrong! That type of Larch disease can only be cured in a UK climate. I will be happy to care for it...

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
HAhahha I had a feeling he was messing with me but I wasn’t 100% sure being no new to the hobby I had to make sure not to overlooked it. How do you remove household bleach from a tree ????

Top Bottom