Repotting Season Opens Today!

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Man good luck! How many are you doing?
Hey I have a question. I have been operating off of this calendar.
20180105_121533-2268x3024.jpg
Noticed the date on it do you have anything more up to date that might apply down here or do you just operate on Clyde time for working on bonsai?

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I repot on the @Smoke calendar (correct me if I'm wrong Al). Several years ago I asked him when he started and he told me deciduous between the 1st and 31st of January and Junipers in February. I'll do subtrops and trops when nights are over 60F.

My nights have been reliably over 40F so roots are growing. I only have about 1500 to go! Thankfully mostly little guys but still.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks for the tip. Maybe @Smoke will give up that secret soil mixture he uses :):)

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I won't do oaks till the end of the month. But we never lost leaves on most things this year. I have zelkova that are still growing.
Wow, that's nuts....
My elms hung on for quite a while, but eventually they went to sleep.

What's your ambient temperature like down there today?

I spent half the day on a rooftop in windy below zero air....sucked...

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I repot on the @Smoke calendar (correct me if I'm wrong Al). Several years ago I asked him when he started and he told me deciduous between the 1st and 31st of January and Junipers in February. I'll do subtrops and trops when nights are over 60F.

My nights have been reliably over 40F so roots are growing. I only have about 1500 to go! Thankfully mostly little guys but still.
Starting repotting next weekend in fact.

Last edited:

crust

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
3A
It was 26 below zero this morning--pretty darned nipply. Good weather for making bonsai ice cakes though, 2.5-gallon buckets of water freeze solid in one night.

Top Bottom