Repotting the bonsai?

iskhan

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi

I try re-potting 4 to 5 different fruit's bonsai trees i.e. Orange, Lemon, Mango but every time the tree die. I don't know what is I am doing wrong?

1st Method: When I see the tree pot is fill with roots then take off the tree from the pot and cut all the thick roots and remove some soil around the tree and then put it center on new pot having layer of soil containing this size O of rocks and then put the mixture of compost and this size of O of rocks around it.

2nd Method: When I see the tree pot is fill with roots then take off the tree from the pot and cut all the thick roots and remove all soil of the tree and then put it center on new pot having layer of soil containing this size O of rocks and then put the mixture of compost and this size of O of rocks around it.

3rd Method: When I see the tree pot is fill with roots then take off the tree from the pot and cut all the thick roots only and then put it center on new pot having layer of soil containing this size O of rocks and then put the mixture of compost and this size of O of rocks around it.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Where are you located and what time of year are you doing this repotting....?

Brian

iskhan

Seedling
Reaction score
Karachi Pakistan

I try this from different timing of the year.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Try it in the spring before the buds open.

iskhan

Seedling
Reaction score
If old pot is break then what to do?

iskhan

Seedling
Reaction score
Actually I disturb the roots and soil because new pot is bigger then the previous one.
Is this the cause of dieing my bonsai?

Top Bottom