Reputation of Bonsai Mirai

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@sorce ... Ryan Neil is to professional to make a negative publicity stunt. This stinks to high heaven.

Why would one who claims to be in antiques. Not see quality in one over the other? Hours searching one specific piece of furniture for what sole purpose to discredit Ryan Neil?

BULL💩

To then post about questioning someone who has spent a lot of money and time to get where he's at? That is rediculous.

Then wait...it's okay because.
LumiDude

I feel I should set the record straight. I have made several purchases from Mirai and am quite pleased with them.

But then contradicts...
LumiDude
I do not want to drag them through the mud. I just thought their stuff looks nice and wanted to make sure before I spend a large amount of money there again that won't be kicking myself 10 years from now for not doing the research.

What acts as several purchases...where one doesn't spend a large amount of money. 🤔

This post stinks to high heaven. The comparison photos remind me of watching Pawn Stars. Where we can guess ones brought in a fake before the one who specializes in it calls it.

So for me, this poster is relatively new on the group. And came trying to soil ones reputation. I have to time or patience for one like that. I don't care to read this ones posts. Not the character I aligne myself with. So off to the ignore list. I don't need to read a response from this one trying to make sense of this crappy post.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ryan Neil is to professional to make a negative publicity stunt.

Perhaps.

Maybe , "too successful to not have" is also true?

Not sure but I still don't think it's negative.

Far as Antiques, the one on the right looks old to me, I'm not an antiquer.

Usually, something so shiny, if antique, has been ruined with new varnish or what have you.

I'm not educated enough on the subject to call any BS.
Knowing so, I 🤐.

I believe someone can have an excellent reputation, heaven bound with no question, and still get duped on an antique. Which still could have happened to Ryan.

I'm taking it as a subquestion, "how is Mirai's Antiques Reputation?"

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lumi..... Luminescent....

Shedding some light on the fact that the stand is available.

Just saying.

Sorce

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Perhaps.

Maybe , "too successful to not have" is also true?

Not sure but I still don't think it's negative.

Far as Antiques, the one on the right looks old to me, I'm not an antiquer.

Usually, something so shiny, if antique, has been ruined with new varnish or what have you.

I'm not educated enough on the subject to call any BS.
Knowing so, I 🤐.

I believe someone can have an excellent reputation, heaven bound with no question, and still get duped on an antique. Which still could have happened to Ryan.

I'm taking it as a subquestion, "how is Mirai's Antiques Reputation?"

Sorce
Either or...poster contradictory posts is red flags that something is off.

If it smells like a rat... I don't waist my time on ones who early on send me red flags. It's a waist of my time when I second guess every word when they do that.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So off to the ignore list.
This I really do not understand. The whole concept op the ignore list I mean.
To me it feels there are certain members on this forum who only see half of the posts on here. And all over one or two posts by individuals they do not like. Some threads get really odd with people missing half of the posts.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This I really do not understand. The whole concept op the ignore list I mean.
To me it feels there are certain members on this forum who only see half of the posts on here. And all over one or two posts by individuals they do not like. Some threads get really odd with people missing half of the posts.
This one is new...and is contradictory. And ignore list means...I just don't see any of their posts. They disappear like they never came. I quite frankly have little use for one who says they have specifically made several purchases. (Ryan's stuff isn't cheap) to then the next post he doesn't wish to spend a lot of money there until he knows this ones rep. I would have been fine with that not being added. That was like...giving someone enough rope to hang themselves...he just did. I find this post then to be contradictory at best...and when one tries to put ones reputation on the line...and I can't make heads or tails of something. They are on ignore. So I don't forget who they are and waist my time. Ones who are new and aren't tossing mud right out the gate...I wouldn't put on ignore. Why not just send Ryan a message asking him to clarify...then to toss mud in his general direction on a forum...where does he even visit? I don't do that sort of game.

Trolls...who don't contribute...or just wish to cause crap. Are on my ignore. I quite like the feature. I've had ones attack me for being a missionary. Why would I allow myself to continue to have nasty barbs sent my way...when I can come here and just NOT see them. That...is what the ignore feature is to me. If it wasn't here...I might have left a long time ago. Because it's uncalled for for some of the nastiness that goes on off topic that I don't have time for.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
To me it feels there are certain members on this forum who only see half of the posts on here
And don't know half of what they should about bonsai for all of their time here.
They don't want to "waist" their time learning it seems.

LumiDude

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2b
Jesus I had no clue this would blow up this way. I just wanted honest answers. I have bought some pots from Mirai. I can post pictures if that is what it takes to be satiated...
I have no problem spending my money on things that I find beauty and value in. Im not rich or broke, I just prefer to practice good money management by making informed purchases. But, at the end of the day I still am a 25 year old landscaper with a fresh business to keep a float and one more semester of college left.
If muting me is what you need to keep your peace go ahead. I get how places on the internet can be just as powerful as physical locations and certain sites and forums are places of comfort and joy for people. I truly do not want to ruin your experience here.

LumiDude

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2b
Hours searching one specific piece of furniture for what sole purpose to discredit Ryan Neil?
I typed "Cha Tansu" in google and found the piece in less than 10 minutes. And I wasnt even searching for it. I was scrolling through google images and making sketches.
I thought it would be cool to later build something similar to a cha tansu only permanently built in to a window sill. I have a notebook where I am constantly putting down ideas for when I build my own place.

LumiDude

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
2b
I also thought I was interesting that no one asked to why I even thought the second listing could be legit. I should have posted the other pics. While I do agree that the hinges are off(they are brass and should be iron) and you can see on the inside of the doors how the brass hinges were added later, the lighter wood color is right being cryptomeria, pine and hinoki were quite common, the joinery is all checking out, and the actual quality of wood is good. Nice first/ second cut rift, quarter sawn, and a book match pair.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I typed "Cha Tansu" in google and found the piece in less than 10 minutes. And I wasnt even searching for it. I was scrolling through google images and making sketches.

Based on your first post, this is exactly what I did and I also found the image in seconds.

was interesting that no one asked to why I even thought the second listing could be legit
Maybe people here go from the assumption there is no reason to be concerned. I have an antique dutch cupboard in my house. Inherited from my granma. Always thought this was very special. untill I saw another one at my friends place. Not they seem to be everywhere.

Same with a telescope made in the late 1700-eds that was passed onto me. Thought it would be rare and valuable. Yet I find them on auction sites all the time, and often in much better state than what my grandfather bought.

General message: Even if we think something should be rare, more often than not there are dozens if not hundreds of them around. And these two pieves are not remotely the same. You say the difference is in the details.. I say.. only the general layout of the piece is similar..

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Based on your first post, this is exactly what I did and I also found the image in seconds.

Maybe people here go from the assumption there is no reason to be concerned. I have an antique dutch cupboard in my house. Inherited from my granma. Always thought this was very special. untill I saw another one at my friends place. Not they seem to be everywhere.

Same with a telescope made in the late 1700-eds that was passed onto me. Thought it would be rare and valuable. Yet I find them on auction sites all the time, and often in much better state than what my grandfather bought.

General message: Even if we think something should be rare, more often than not there are dozens if not hundreds of them around. And these two pieves are not remotely the same. You say the difference is in the details.. I say.. only the general layout of the piece is similar..
Same. My mum was born in Singapore in a navy family and they brought back a camphor wood chest which I always thought was so unique until I realised that everyone had the same idea and brought their own back too. It’s just variations on a theme. As they say in Thailand, same same, but different.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
they brought back a camphor wood chest

Lol. My dad did too and in their recent move, I brought it to my place. My dad warned me: If you do not like it, just use it for the fireplace. No real value in these things.
As a kid I was always told it was very rare so I was not allowed to put my keys on it :)

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
I bet it would smell amazing as it burns though. I love opening it up just to smell the wood.

Top Bottom