RIP Ric Ocasek

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That was our song when I was courting my wife after a bad breakup with the ex.
I generally rebel against non bonsai things here ....... but thanks for that.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
As a lover of great music, growing up in the metro Boston area during the 70's and 80's was awesome... we had The Cars, Aerosmith, The J. Geils Band, Boston, The Stompers and many more. The Cars (album)is still is one of my favorite albums and have played both the cassette and the CD as much as any other in my collection Every time we lose a member of of one of those great bands from back then, I feel just that much older:(.

Atom#28

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
For those who don't know, Ric isn't the pretty boy bass player... He's the badass with the left-hand Les Paul :)

RIP, Ric

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Later in his career, Ric produced a lot of D.C. hardcore acts. Production quality on Bad Brains, "Rock for Light" is amazing. Creating a coherent Punk/Rasta recording is no small feat. Ric did it with aplomb!!!

......how he tricked Paulina Porizkova into marriage is still one of rock's greatest mysteries!!!

See you on the other side, Ric!!!!
:(

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
R.I.P. Ric
Let The Good Times Roll

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Many years ago, we had a Bronco full of people headed to a softball complex outside of Chicago for a softball tournament. The only cassette (I said a long time ago) the driver had was a Cars cassette. We listened to it over and over for 4 and a half hours. No one complained. But we do laugh about it every time we here a Cars song. Good times.

Top Bottom