Riveted

ketoi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I been fascinated by rivets lately, trying to get the alignment right. Here's a few examples.
IMG_8123.jpg

IMG_8019.jpg

See what I mean, middle pot was my 1st attempt
IMG_8020.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great effort!

I like your placement of the rivets. Just remember, if something looks a bit wonky or imperfect it adds to its character!;)

nsmar4211

Sapling
Reaction score
The reason dale says that is because attachments are hard to, well, attach.... placement and all don't matter if they fall off in the kiln :).

As a suggestion, you may want to dampen your clay a little more-I see cracks in the sides of several rivets that look like pressure cracks. If you're after the rivet effect keep in mind that "real" rivets are very mechanical...

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
ketoi,

I think your pots look great and I look forward to seeing them completed.

My favorite is in the third photo, closest to the veiwer.

Let me know how that one turns out.

Good Luck,
Paul

ketoi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thanks Paul,
Bisque firing today, then I have to decide whether I'm going to glaze, stain, a combination of the two or leave natural.

ketoi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The reason dale says that is because attachments are hard to, well, attach.... placement and all don't matter if they fall off in the kiln :).

As a suggestion, you may want to dampen your clay a little more-I see cracks in the sides of several rivets that look like pressure cracks. If you're after the rivet effect keep in mind that "real" rivets are very mechanical...

Thanks for the comments. I know these rivets aren't rivet like, will try again on the next batch.

Out of the kiln this morning

Top Bottom