Rock planting...I guess this falls under.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I got this rock off of Frank McDermott of Rustling Leaf Bonsai...you can find him over on Facebook.

I mucked up a planting area...used kanuma that I crushed to be smaller particles. Wired the satsuki azalea cutting and put the wire ends into the mucked wall areas to help anchor. Then added a tiny violet and some moss. I think it turned out...okay.
20230408_095039.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Interesting rock!

Technical question.. What is tyour setup to get this video with a pitch black background?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Interesting rock!

Technical question.. What is tyour setup to get this video with a pitch black background?
Use top down lighting and a black background, focus on the object with a HDR function that blurs out backgrounds. It should turn out completely black. I'm guessing the HDR video function is a standard iphone function.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Use top down lighting and a black background, focus on the object with a HDR function that blurs out backgrounds. It should turn out completely black. I'm guessing the HDR video function is a standard iphone function.
I don't have an iPhone. So not sure.
Interesting rock!

Thanks...yeah...the Rock is super cool.

Black popup drop cloth for photography with stand in front of it. Just ceiling light no additional lighting...and editing once filmed just a tad to make the backdrop totally black without highlights of the light from above. Using a newer galaxy phone.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Guess I need to invest in a phone. My DSLR just does not give me this
Ahhh... possibly. I didn't want a new phone. I was forced out of my old phone. As they turned things off and it wouldn't work. I then...Google searched on desktop. Put it in another setting. Which made WiFi run it and it worked outside the home. But limited areas. My husband got me a new phone. Without my consent. 🤣🤣🤣🙃 because why have a cellphone and not be able to call out if needing too. But seriously...I don't go out often further than my small little town. But such is life. It had cool camera features though. Like editing video is cool.

Last edited:

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Nice find. There’s some interesting environmental history captured in the rock's appearance. Nice work in developing a plan and executing the planting. Mighty fine!

snowman04

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
I got this rock off of Frank McDermott of Rustling Leaf Bonsai...you can find him over on Facebook.

I mucked up a planting area...used kanuma that I crushed to be smaller particles. Wired the satsuki azalea cutting and put the wire ends into the mucked wall areas to help anchor. Then added a tiny violet and some moss. I think it turned out...okay.
View attachment 481039
I can see this is going to be part of my journey...:))))

Top Bottom