Rocky Mountain Juniper #1

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice design. I like it a lot, especially the deadwood hanging over the rim of the pot. Awesome!

bwaynef

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The branch marked in red bothers me a little. It seems like it could be moved into the vicinity of the yellow line ...which should be moving away from the viewer and maybe drop down a little more than depicted.

Attachments

• plb-rmj.jpeg
    plb-rmj.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 68

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The branch marked in red bothers me a little. It seems like it could be moved into the vicinity of the yellow line ...which should be moving away from the viewer and maybe drop down a little more than depicted.
Yes, there were some design challenges with this tree, including having to cross a branch or two. I’m hoping I can hide some of those over time. Or, if I can get foliage to fill in certain areas, I remove those crossing branches. Appreciate the comment!

PA_Penjing

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
the pot is perfect! for what it's worth I think the "red" branch echoes the design perfectly. The yellow seems a bit swirly to me. Seeing it in 2D of course I'm sure there's elements missing. Planning on picking up one of these in a month or so. It great to see yours widen at the base. Kind of a pet peeve of mine when the dead wood rots away right at soil level and it leaves a thin live vein holding up a huge twisted dead wood tree. 10/10 from me

PeaceLoveBonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
the pot is perfect! for what it's worth I think the "red" branch echoes the design perfectly. The yellow seems a bit swirly to me. Seeing it in 2D of course I'm sure there's elements missing. Planning on picking up one of these in a month or so. It great to see yours widen at the base. Kind of a pet peeve of mine when the dead wood rots away right at soil level and it leaves a thin live vein holding up a huge twisted dead wood tree. 10/10 from me
Appreciate the kind words.

Top Bottom