Rocky Mountain Juniper

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
There was a lot of discussion about grafting native junipers in another thread. I have a grafted California juniper and I love it, but I wanted a native with it's own foilage, so I collected this one myself from a guys backyard in Denver:D. The light areas in the pictures are sunlight, I couldn't get it in full shade. It's been in the pot since 2008, I'm not sure if we will style it next year when Marco comes or wait another year. I don't want to take any chances with it. Marco thinned it out some this spring, so you see how full the little sucker was. I will of course post pictures when it does gets styled, it should make a nice RMJ.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• DSC00457.JPG
    DSC00457.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC00458.JPG
    DSC00458.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00459.JPG
    DSC00459.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00460.JPG
    DSC00460.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 144

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your tree has such a beautiful trunk. The interplay of live vein vs. deadwood is spectacular.
I am sure Marco makes it into a spectacular bonsai. You had a very good eye to select this one, what I would call a world-class material.
Was it very expensive (noo need to answer this, if it's too awkward)?

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Your tree has such a beautiful trunk. I am sure Marco makes it into a spectacular bonsai. You had a very good eye to select this one, what I would call a world-class material.
Was it very expensive (noo need to answer this, if it's too awkward)?

It doesn't bother me, I think it was 500 +a little for shipping, he has more !!! OK, here's his website, his name is Todd, and one hell of a nice guy. He has other trees that are not on his site, so if your interested in something native, email him.

keep it green,
Harry

http://www.firstbranchbonsai.com/welcome.html

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It doesn't bother me, I think it was 500 +a little for shipping, he has more !!!

keep it green,
Harry

Was well worth it, and a great investment - not to mention the enjoyment that you will get out of it.
I hope it will live though, RMJ like the dry heat and cold winters.
But I remember you saying that your climate is on the dry side in the summer, which is good for the tree. And you also have a decent winter. My problem is the lack of winter cold, so I would chance it here in So. Cal.

Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Was well worth it, and a great investment - not to mention the enjoyment that you will get out of it.
I hope it will live though, RMJ like the dry heat and cold winters.
But I remember you saying that your climate is on the dry side in the summer, which is good for the tree. And you also have a decent winter. My problem is the lack of winter cold, so I would chance it here in So. Cal.

Only time will tell. I'll keep you posted.

keep it green,
Harry

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
It should be fine. They grow wild within 50 mi of me ( no I'm not tellin where ) and our winters , even up in the mountains are a lot milder than Harries.

Top Bottom