Ron Lang pot for sale

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
This round pot is 18"x4" outside dimensions, the color looks different depending on the light. It has a bluish grey cast with some undertones of brown. It has 4 indentations on the sides and is built like a tank. The finish is slightly textured, you can see that in some of the photos. The coloration changes a bit on each side.
I have many more photos in differing light situations if you would like to see those. It's a very nice pot.
Original price was 275 plus shipping. Pm me if you are interested, I'll entertain any serious offer.
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_3384.jpg
    IMG_3384.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_3393.jpg
    IMG_3393.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3396.jpg
    IMG_3396.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 93

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
blue light special

Bump on this pot sale, any takers at $175??

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
What type or plant or style goes with this type of pot? Maybe that would help someone realize he/she NEED this pot. ;)

I wonder since none of my plants seem to fit this though it is a great looking pot.

Good luck!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
If I still had my large bald cypress, I would have used this pot for that. I would also think about hinoki for this pot. I do think that the granite finish on this pot would lend it to a conifer, as it's not really the feel of a glazed pot. But I don't really have too many conifers...nothing as big as would require of pot of this size.
I have also always wondered if this pot would lend itself to a strong semi-cascade.

If there are folks who don't know about Lang pots, he is one of the pre-eminent potters in America, and makes pots to withstand basically anything short of dropping off a roof :).

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It is a beautiful pot.

If I had something ready for a pot like that, Id consider it, but as it stands, I dont.

dkraft81

Shohin
Reaction score
Thats the sort of pot I was thinking for this RMJ I collected on friday. Problem is right now I dont have the cash. Judy I'll keep this in mind though should some funds open up soon.

Sorry for the crappy sideways picture. Ive gotta remember to not take pictures with the phone vertical.

Attachments

• 2014-05-09 18.45.50.jpg
    2014-05-09 18.45.50.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 82

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dusty, I would use a different shaped pot for your RMJ.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The more I look at this pot, the more I'm convinced that a nice BC would be the thing...
It is a deal at 175, Lang pots are not cheap, nor cheaply made.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Blue light is on...

I am looking to buy a pot for my Cork Elm, and need to sell this one off to make that happen. So I am dropping the price to $150 plus shipping...

Blame BVF, he showed me a Koyo that the elm must have...
:)

nathanbs

Omono
Reaction score
try putting it on bonsai classifieds on facebook, the next auction starts at 7:00 PM central time tonight. Its free to do so. I have sold at least 20 pots at this point and have been super happy with the prices people are willing to pay. I dont see you having any problem getting your asking price on there. Start it a little lower though and mention you have a reserve.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Do I have to join facebook to do so? I'm not a member, and really not too interested in becoming one...

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
JUDY DID YOU EVER SELL THIS POT? I'M INTERESTED. WILL YOU SHIP TO HAWAII?

please advise

best wishes, sam

Top Bottom