Root builder for Pines

Nishant

Shohin
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

I know it is commonly believed that fertilising in spring results in longer needles of pines.

so can I give it root builder fertilisers instead? I really to build back the root system of Scot pine.

please advise.

thanks
Nishant

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Hello Friends,

I know it is commonly believed that fertilising in spring results in longer needles of pines.

so can I give it root builder fertilisers instead? I really to build back the root system of Scot pine.

please advise.

thanks
Nishant
If your pine is still in development- and that's what it sounds like- I'd be feeding regularly now and wouldn't care about needle length.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
It is not clear to me from your few words exactly what you need. I can interpret that sentence in a number of different ways, Some more details, background and maybe a photo will help get better responses.

Nutrients are nutrients whatever the exotic trade name of a fertilizer mixture is. If it has nutrients it will make the tree grow. If it does not have nutrients it is not a fertilizer.

Long needles are temporary. If your tree needs fertilizer then you should use some and not worry about any resulting long needles that year. Long term health of the tree is far more important than short term aesthetics.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
The best root builder for pines in development is colanders.

Top Bottom