Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’ve posted this tree in my other Wiandi thread, but I feel like this tree will only improve and deserves its own thread. I don’t have great process photos unfortunately so nows a good a time as any to start taking and posting photos.

I started the tree 2 years ago from a rooted cutting and was able to really get the tree to really seat nicely on this piece of lace rock. It had sat in a nursery can till I planted in this Jarred Carrion pot this spring. Love the way the roots sit, the trees trunk angle, and the way the rock extends up and at an angle. I’m excited to lift the tree more and choose an even better pot pairing.

53AD6FD6-0F84-4A41-ADC6-793C9C18D4A8.jpeg827886AC-9C09-4F2A-96FD-ED71DBEA27C1.jpeg247D9513-6D21-4881-8ACA-3A6D16EACABA.jpeg

DavidBoren

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
I, too, like the angle of the rock and the angle of the trunk. I also like how the movement in the trunk returns back towards the rock, then away again... not normally a huge fan of S-shaped trees, but this really pulls it off with the rock.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I, too, like the angle of the rock and the angle of the trunk. I also like how the movement in the trunk returns back towards the rock, then away again... not normally a huge fan of S-shaped trees, but this really pulls it off with the rock.
Thank you!

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Check out this root that seems to be surviving/thriving solely on the crevice it has grown into. I’m sure that little crevice still has some sphagnum from the root wrapping process. It’ll be interesting to see how it bulges and spills over into the pot. I also love that it is wedged nicely in the fissure that leads to the crevice. Bulge baby bulge. 😂5BD0941E-1B3B-4FEC-B893-EBD63BF65F7A.jpeg

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Check out this root that seems to be surviving/thriving solely on the crevice it has grown into. I’m sure that little crevice still has some sphagnum from the root wrapping process. It’ll be interesting to see how it bulges and spills over into the pot. I also love that it is wedged nicely in the fissure that leads to the crevice. Bulge baby bulge. 😂View attachment 455097
Very cool, Danny! It seems to be really loving life on that rock!

Blksmth88

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
This is a lovely little tree. I had two of these that I bought for 5 bucks each. They were smaller of course. Mine both died sadly. I think the temp in one section of the house dropped too low for them over winter and they didn't like it. They were near a window and it must have gotten chilly for them. I loved them while I had them. They just dropped their leaves and never recovered. I'll get more one day hopefully! I've had a good bit more experience since then

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is a lovely little tree. I had two of these that I bought for 5 bucks each. They were smaller of course. Mine both died sadly. I think the temp in one section of the house dropped too low for them over winter and they didn't like it. They were near a window and it must have gotten chilly for them. I loved them while I had them. They just dropped their leaves and never recovered. I'll get more one day hopefully! I've had a good bit more experience since then
Ive had the leaves on this one drop completely before from winter shock. Its a bit terrifying when it happens, but i has bounced back every time.

Top Bottom