ROR, tower additon

BE.REAL

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
So it is possible to kill a ficus. Who knew? I repotted, trimmed some roots. A week later it was dead..
View attachment 207844
View attachment 207845
im not sure about this species, but I have a few willow leaf ficus, and have dropped leaves on occasion when something changed, IE repot, prune, etc.
hoping the best for you and tree.

GSCarlson

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I was a little hasty on signing my tree’s death certificate. I was mere seconds from yanking it out of its pot and throwing it away. But instead I put it in the garage and watered once a week or so. After a few weeks some signs of life began to appear. It’s been growing well since.

1346C672-BBBC-4BEE-A6A7-9669E8D7881E.jpeg

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I was a little hasty on signing my tree’s death certificate. I was mere seconds from yanking it out of its pot and throwing it away. But instead I put it in the garage and watered once a week or so. After a few weeks some signs of life began to appear. It’s been growing well since.
Let this experience forever make you fear the discarding of any tree before it literally is compost in it's pot! :p

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Let this experience forever make you fear the discarding of any tree before it literally is compost in it's pot! :p
So true. My little willow leaf ficus dropped all it's leaves by November last year, and showed no sign of life until June. One of my dwarf Barbados cherries dropped all it's leaves last March. I thought for sure once outside it would wake up, but no. My husband told me it was dead, which I thought it was, but swore to him it wasn't. And it miraculously started sprouting leaves in September, and is fine now.

GSCarlson

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Almost 4 years from last update. Still alive and doing well. Not a whole lot of progress for 4 years, but a little more refined. Buddha is showing some age.

IMG_4513.jpeg

Top Bottom