• 17819-2.jpg
    17819-2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 69

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Wait and see if it survives first...then ask for styling advice later. :) For now, leave it be.

Good luck!

nabil

Yamadori
Reaction score
Wait and see if it survives first...then ask for styling advice later. :) For now, leave it be.

Good luck!

it wilted for the first few days, but now it start to shoot new growth and look so healthy

what do you think my next step? i want to remove unneeded branches so it pushes energy to wanted branches shoots

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Rosemary have a tendency to not transplant well...that said...I agree with Dario's comment to leave it be. If you had a successful transplant...that is wonderful! I myself have a rosemary. I am just letting the sun direct where the new growth pattern takes it by turning the pot and keeping the main trunk from being obscured by branches. By the simple turning of the pot it's planted in for now and the direction the sun...is all the styling I am currently doing. I would suggest at this time...doing the same. It makes one feel they are doing something...while not stressing the tree overmuch.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 36

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Rosemary have a tendency to not transplant well...that said...I agree with Dario's comment to leave it be. If you had a successful transplant...that is wonderful! I myself have a rosemary. I am just letting the sun direct where the new growth pattern takes it by turning the pot and keeping the main trunk from being obscured by branches. By the simple turning of the pot it's planted in for now and the direction the sun...is all the styling I am currently doing. I would suggest at this time...doing the same. It makes one feel they are doing something...while not stressing the tree overmuch.

I agree 100percent and Darlene that looks like a very Happy plant! :D

Grimmy

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The second image suggests more of an old oak style than a pine. In any case, if this was recently collected or transplanted, I agree with just letting it be for this year. They have a reputation for not liking root work.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes leave it alone, you will not know if its really ok until its had some hot weather. Then you will know if there are enough working roots to keep it nourished and hydrated.

ed

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
The second image suggests more of an old oak style than a pine. In any case, if this was recently collected or transplanted, I agree with just letting it be for this year. They have a reputation for not liking root work.

I agree...I don't see a pine in that mix. Great bones though...

nabil

Yamadori
Reaction score
Ok I will leave it for this year. Keeping it in shaded area. Sun one hour early morning and one hour before sunset.

Cross fingers

I just wanted to remove unneeded branches to stress it less by removing more foliage to reduce water loss. As there are a lot of long crossing branches. But you suggested oak style it really great

Last edited:

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see some crossing and parallel branches that probably would not be kept in a final design, and you could probably remove some of them...but you already removed 4' of tree, right? So a lot of foliage has already been removed. I'd just keep an eye on it for now...if it still looks stressed you might go ahead and prune further. If it seems to be doing OK (growing), I'd gradually increase the amount of morning/evening sun. Might want to keep it as wind protected as possible for a while.

Good luck!

Chris

Top Bottom