royal poinciana #2

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
did some initial carving and branch removal on #2 today. sharing some pictures.

best wishes, sam

befores

front DSC05651.jpg left DSC05652.jpg right DSC05655.jpg

after

some initial carving DSC05657.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05656.jpg
    DSC05656.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
#2 (cont)

more rough carving DSC05659.jpg cut back DSC05670.jpg solid background
DSC05675.jpg

done for now

will0911

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8/9
has it flowered for you yet? They have some of the best flowers i have seen. there is only one in this area that i know of and its not a bonsai its just planted at a nursery in the ground...i have been meeting to get some cuttings but the guy there says he has not had any success with them...any tips? I like this tree i think they are a good alternative to mimosa because the leaves are smaller.

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
hi will

no flowers yet. I keep cutting the trees (2) back to develop better branching, so no chance for flower buds to form. once I get decent canopies, I'll think about flowers. never tried cuttings so can't help you there. they came out of the ground with poor roots, but have grown strongly ever since.

best wishes, sam

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score
I thought of growing a royal ponciana since it is so beautiful with flowers. One local nursery has this tree in pots but the owner told me it has never flowered because our number of hot days is not long enough for it to flower. I am in Zone 9, where are you? Does it flower before digging out of the ground?

Top Bottom