Ruben's 6 year JBP contest

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just got 2 bag's of seeds. One for bonsaiplaza and one mixed bag (with i believe red pine, white pine and black pine)
When i putting them in the ground i'm going to ad micorisshiza, for the rest mother nature my help me.
View attachment 175215
Ruben

Peppercorns?

Reaction score
Peppercorns?
Yes, to spice up my life. I got screwed. DAMM.

@Fonz maarten is going to move to New Zealand, so he can start with pine seeds in juli? Love to see him dance the haka.
@leatherback why don't you start growing pines? You hate them isn't it?

Nice too see how these pines are growing in our climate.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
why don't you start growing pines? You hate them isn't it?
I do not hate them. It is just that I do not know how to care for them. Besides that, they are fairly slow in developing. I am not sure that it is the right species for me.

I have killed 6 in repotting. I have one left. It will not be repotted by me; I will go to someone who knows pines, and look over the shoulder.
Until I feel confident I know what has been going wrong, I am not touching them again.

DirkvanDreven

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I do not hate them. It is just that I do not know how to care for them. Besides that, they are fairly slow in developing. I am not sure that it is the right species for me.

I have killed 6 in repotting. I have one left. It will not be repotted by me; I will go to someone who knows pines, and look over the shoulder.
Until I feel confident I know what has been going wrong, I am not touching them again.
Pine is the only species that I begin to understand. I think. Killed my first JBP. Expensive lesson. Killed at least 4 big european black pine. Even killed some Scots Pines.
Doing less and at the right time of the year keep pines healthy and growing.
Doing nothing comes naturally with me. Maybe that's why my pines stay alive.

Reaction score
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
IMG_8100.jpg

Reaction score
Tomorrow i'm going to repot this seedling, getting up early. I have stupid ideas. They, i believe have....... who do you call that. all come out?
IMG_8329.jpg

Reaction score
Got some help from Richard The Earwurm.
IMG_8332.jpg
IMG_8330.jpgIMG_8333.jpgIMG_8334.jpgIMG_8335.jpg
The ones in the bleu pots are cut, all the others ones not. Those in the tray's are going to be flipped over next repotting, i hope that i get some sort of long nebari (i tried this on sylvestris). He ho lets grow.
IMG_8331.jpg

Last edited:

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
These are black pines, right? Have you seen the cutting method for pine seedlings on this site? Appearently it helps with good nebari development

Reaction score
Yes Jelle, it's a topic @DirkvanDreven started. Dirk is a friend, we talk a lot about pines. He infected me with growing seedlings. I like different kind of nebari's, i cut a few to see if it works on my rooftop (had little success with cuttings) perhaps to warm, windy or i did something wrong.
Trying to get something like this and improving it.
IMG_8297.jpg

Top Bottom