Ruminations on Pines

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It was struck,albeit softly,earlier by the preponderance of Bonsai Pines online that look like Pines that have been Bonsaied.

Pines that have been styled to look like a Pine from a book or perhaps a Pine,ahem,in nature.

Or a Pine from nature styled to look like a Bonsai,or a Pine styled simply to look crooked and old.

What could we expect of Pines encouraged to look like they have broken free of these moulds?

I was thinking of Pine styles that may have been lost to history due to the starvation of a village or a conflict of some kind,even a fire that ravaged a Shrine where something like the seven secret styles of fighting pines were kept from general view.

Styles from the mists of time.

I considered experiments in shaping Pines to reflect different emotions,emotions externalised so to ponder.

As i considered this it occured to me that just as real as those seven lost styles of fighting Pine were the Pines styled to liberate money from happy customers.

I moved on from there,what about Pines styled to look like a fantastical tree of a science fiction book cover?

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Why limit it to pines?

Enjoy this even tho it is written in a dead language. They have produced way more trees, but only posted them on French forums.

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I remember driving along a highway somewhere with my ex gf, she pipes up, WOW I can't believe how the trees here look like your bonsai.

I didn't know what to say, finaly I left it at Thank You. I didn't make sense to go any further.:D

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Meushi,

Great Link. Thanks! I love mythical looking bonsai.

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Why limit it to pines?

Enjoy this even tho it is written in a dead language. They have produced way more trees, but only posted them on French forums.
Attention mon vieux, peut etre que l"origine n'aime point les forums anglophones. avec tous leurs guerres de personalites :D:D:D

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Actually, now that I think of it... one of the guys was sometimes active on BT.

Rick, les forums francophones sont pareils pour les guerres de personalités :D

meushi

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And they are also very cool guys when you know them... I might be going to one of their classes later this year.

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Hmmm,in the movie version of Something wicked this way comes we never got to see Will and Jim admiring the Bonsai exhibits of Mr Dark.

I read the book but the movie sticks in my mind.

Top Bottom