Running Slow?

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Is it just my system or is the site running to slow....
Mom

Dwight

Chumono
Reaction score
Well considering the site has been down for a couple of weeks ( ??? ) and Greg apparently had to change servers it seems fine to me.

Hay , BNut is back !!!!!

darrellw

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
At least it is up and running again! Thanks, Nut!

I haven't noticed that is seems slow, though.

-Darrell

Rick Moquin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Can you see the difference, I can't see the difference. Wait I believe that was a commercial.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Over the next couple of days the site may have some glitches and periodic slowdowns. I may even have to shut the forums down occasionally. Hopefully this will all be over in a day or two.

Long story short, the way I had the primary forum database set up in the old site was "sub-optimal". I knew I was going to have to change it sooner or later. Of course, things always happen to go bad when you go on vacation - in this case the database was frozen by my server host about 24 hours AFTER we left on a week-long vacation in Hawaii :) Having the site go down is never good, but in this case it allowed me to move the entire site to a new host with a LOT more bandwidth and space, as well as update some files and reconfigure the database. There will still be some miscellaneous work that we will have to complete, but things should be back to normal shortly.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Over the next couple of days the site may have some glitches and periodic slowdowns. I may even have to shut the forums down occasionally. Hopefully this will all be over in a day or two.

Long story short, the way I had the primary forum database set up in the old site was "sub-optimal". I knew I was going to have to change it sooner or later. Of course, things always happen to go bad when you go on vacation - in this case the database was frozen by my server host about 24 hours AFTER we left on a week-long vacation in Hawaii :) Having the site go down is never good, but in this case it allowed me to move the entire site to a new host with a LOT more bandwidth and space, as well as update some files and reconfigure the database. There will still be some miscellaneous work that we will have to complete, but things should be back to normal shortly.

Can ya please define "Normal"?
Mom

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Normal as in the current discussions about bonsai going on in other threads at this very moment.

Good job on fixing the problem Bnut, glad to hear you sswitched to a new host.

Will

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Well done Greg, no problem connecting to the site from across the Atlantic with a rather slow connection (1 Mbyte).

This site is really nice-looking, number one for the design. Now that it's back on the tracks, I hope it can be as zen a place as it looks.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well done Greg, no problem connecting to the site from across the Atlantic with a rather slow connection (1 Mbyte).

This site is really nice-looking, number one for the design. Now that it's back on the tracks, I hope it can be as zen a place as it looks.

I will second that!

Top Bottom