S.W. Florida

hunter_02

Seed
Reaction score
Greetings, while I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to Bonsai. When I lived in the Keystone and Garden States (7A), I grew three and four-handed plants. Down here((B-10A), I've gone to a couple of shows and have never seen a plant I would put my name on; wire scars, harsh trimming cuts, etc. So, I find I must again grow my own. Any ideas from people that live down here with me? And no, I don't consider baby Chinese Fan Palms or cycads that have their fronds rubber-banded together too be proper Bonsai.
Thanks. Hunter

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Greetings, while I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to Bonsai. When I lived in the Keystone and Garden States (7A), I grew three and four-handed plants. Down here((B-10A), I've gone to a couple of shows and have never seen a plant I would put my name on; wire scars, harsh trimming cuts, etc. So, I find I must again grow my own. Any ideas from people that live down here with me? And no, I don't consider baby Chinese Fan Palms or cycads that have their fronds rubber-banded together too be proper Bonsai.
Thanks. Hunter

Wait 20 minutes....

Them scars will heal up!

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
A van, on the side of the road, is not a bonsai show. ;)

W3rk

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Thanks. Hunter
My understanding is that there are a *lot* of clubs down in FL. But you could look into AdamAskWhy, Jason Schley, and as mentioned Wigerts' for a few options to get you started.

Top Bottom