Sabamiki elm

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fantastic!
I get you about round pots. I love round pots for a number of reasons.
The color of yours is perfect for the tree.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Great little tree!! I really like how there are sharp, angular elements like the deadwood and bark, with smoother round elements like the bot, subtle branch movement, etc.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Stunning little (I'm assuming without anything to check scale) tree and beautiful understated pot! When will you pick a front?

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
Stunning little (I'm assuming without anything to check scale) tree and beautiful understated pot! When will you pick a front?

Thank you.

I think the photo of the first message is pratically the right side , the trunk line has a good movement.

But maybe , the big hole should be a little more visible , I don't want it to remain hidden , it is a part of the originality .

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
you could make it better with some basic work

it looks a bit untidy atm. now that you have the hollow out the way you could focus on improving the branch structure.
currently there is too many crossing branches. clustering branches. the wired branches look a little contrived. primary branches that emerge from the trunk horizontally never really look right. it looks like they were forced into position, it doesnt look natural to my eye. dont take this the wrong way, i think it could be a nice tree with some more work.

jaco94

Chumono
Reaction score
you could make it better with some basic work

it looks a bit untidy atm. now that you have the hollow out the way you could focus on improving the branch structure.
currently there is too many crossing branches. clustering branches. the wired branches look a little contrived. primary branches that emerge from the trunk horizontally never really look right. it looks like they were forced into position, it doesnt look natural to my eye. dont take this the wrong way, i think it could be a nice tree with some more work.

Thank you , you are absolutely right .
I will have to fix the ramification , right now , it 's way too messy .

B.uneasy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This tree has so much character, and is so unique! Now I really want to find one. Grow it out, practice carving, and let the bad boy get some gnarly age on it.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thank you , you are absolutely right .
I will have to fix the ramification , right now , it 's way too messy .

take your time. its a process.
it might look a little bare once cleaned up properly, but its an elm....it will respond and just look messy again, but then you will begin to stay on top of it and understand it.:)

Top Bottom