Sage id

Nemoose

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I found this on the clearance at local store and thought it looked interesting. It was labeled Texas Sage. After some research I am thinking it might be a Texas Ranger. Any ideas? 0526181153a.jpg0526181153.jpg0521181212.jpg

theone420

Shohin
Reaction score
looks like a Texas Sage - aka (Texas Ranger (Walker), Texas rain sage, cenizo, Texas silverleaf, Texas barometerbush, ash-bush, wild lilac, purple sage, senisa, cenicilla, palo cenizo, or hierba del cenizo)

It is available in a variety of cultivars, including 'Green Cloud', 'White Cloud', 'Compacta', 'Convent', and 'Bert-Star'.

Nemoose

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I have read that it's not the best bonsai subject but I had to try with that trunk and nebari

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It is definitely Texas Sage. I have one in a nursery pot and one in the ground (10 plus years). They are really hard to maintain in a compact form. I thought I could figure them out but I was wrong. They do back bud pretty well when pruned though. Good luck!

Reaction score
Im working on a sage as well its a golden sage. It looks is a kind of like a large jungle tree but. i'm thinking more of a literati in the future. How is yours coming along, any updates? I wish goodluck!

Top Bottom