Sam Miller, New Friend, New Pot!

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
i think he is quite good and will just get better with time. the pot i have from him i would score a B. looks i give an A. symmetry and details i give a C. i think he needs a little more work on the basics before he goes for the whipped cream and cherry.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Stooopid!

With a tea bowl to boot!
The glaze is so much more interesting in person! Very fun to look at! And way bigger than I expected! 5x3

20180116_194419.jpg
20180116_194447.jpg

The other side of the pot has a more vertical angle detail on the other direction! Perfect!

This pot definitely has everything I look for in a pot. Simple, handsome, capable, versatile. Makes you want to keep it as an instrument.....

Sorce

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
Hope nothing serious with the little one.
Thank you Carol. Just got back from the hospital for the second time this week. She has ear infections in both ears, that spread to eye infections through the sinus cavities, and the toll that took on her immune system seems to have left her prime for the flu or some other virus. Despite being on heavy antibiotics she still managing to run a high fever. I’m hoping that her little body starts to win this battle as we are supposed to leave for her first Disneyland adventure this coming Saturday!

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Thank you Carol. Just got back from the hospital for the second time this week. She has ear infections in both ears, that spread to eye infections through the sinus cavities, and the toll that took on her immune system seems to have left her prime for the flu or some other virus. Despite being on heavy antibiotics she still managing to run a high fever. I’m hoping that her little body starts to win this battle as we are supposed to leave for her first Disneyland adventure this coming Saturday!
Awwww, poor little thing, and poor parents. So hard to see your little ones sick, hopefully she gets well soon! Makes fussing over a sickly stick in a pot seem kind of inconsequential...... Hoping to see photos of a happy family in Disneyland.

Josh88

Shohin
Reaction score
Following two days in the ER with the little one for separate issues, it was time for a late night repot. I changed the front, and was hoping for a bit more of a clockwise rotation but a few big roots that seemed too important to cut kept me from turning it exactly where I wanted it. Wire in the late summer/fall will go a long way in exposing the movement in the trunk line better. A few branches that now cross the trunk block the view of some nice turns. Here are a few pics in the old and new pots.
C8F032F6-8D77-4380-BB2A-C948C8104496.jpeg4DF84AC5-A1CC-463D-B1F5-29FB45FA958C.jpeg7BC1DBBE-39A7-4809-A35B-2FB3DFEF2F53.jpeg078CC2FD-2AFB-46DA-9744-F8C2949E49AD.jpeg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I get to see things before they make it to the auctions

I don't know if a sarcastic...
"Well fuuuuuck you!" ....

Would help me get closer to this coveted position...

So maybe I shouldn't!

Lol!

Thats a golden position to be in!

Sorce

Top Bottom