San Francisco or nearby bonsai attractions

drew33998

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8-9
So im going to go with my wife to see her family in union city Cali in a couple weeks. Family reunion for her. Im hoping to sneak away for a day to check out any bonsai shops or attractions. Anyone have any suggestions?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So im going to go with my wife to see her family in union city Cali in a couple weeks. Family reunion for her. Im hoping to sneak away for a day to check out any bonsai shops or attractions. Anyone have any suggestions?
Boon is in Hayward. Call him to see if he will be there when you are.

Grove Way bonsai is close to Boon’s, too.

Also in the area is Jonas of BonsaiTonight.com. You need to make an appointment.

Jim Gremel is a couple hours away. You probably know of him as the copper wire guy, but he’s also a potter, and a grower. He’s THE source for Atlas Cedar. He has all sorts of other stuff as well. Juniper, pines, Ume. Appointment is necessary.

Lone Pine nursery has bonsai material.

Oh! The botanical gardens at Lake Merit in Oakland has a permanent bonsai collection you can view. There’s trees by Naka, Ben Oki, Kathy Shaner and others. Kathy is the curator there, she might be there. Sometimes she is, sometimes she isn’t. I have found her there!

Top Bottom