Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Nevermind.

Last edited:

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Hey, I was just going to take another look at it and it vanished..lol... Are you absolutely sure? I mean did you try tilting it on it's side, or tilting it all the way back or forward?

Rob

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Nevermind.

Paradox, your tree might not be garbage, but from the one picture you provided, it was really difficult to tell anything about the stock other then it was a juniper with three trunks (at least for me). FWIW, today has been quite slow here at B'nut...I'm sure someone would have responded eventually. Maybe take a few more closeup pics from different sides, and include the base/nebari (most important part), and re post.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Paradox, your tree might not be garbage, but from the one picture you provided, it was really difficult to tell anything about the stock other then it was a juniper with three trunks (at least for me). FWIW, today has been quite slow here at B'nut...I'm sure someone would have responded eventually. Maybe take a few more closeup pics from different sides, and include the base/nebari (most important part), and re post.

Agree! Most of my trees are garbage but that doesn't discourage me from sharing to get input on how to make them nicer looking garbage. Come on put the pics back up.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One man's trash is another man's treasure !

ed

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Took a break yesterday from the computer so just seeing this now. I'm on my phone now so I can't repost and I would need to take new pics anyway.

Eh just figured after almost 50 views and no one having anything to say (not even Dario.....:p), that it probably was not even decent material let alone good. Its 3 trunks going off in different directions pretty much. No idea on the base/nebari as I have not repotted it yet because I was planning on taking it to a club meeting and torturing it there. Figured that would be enough stress for now. Its a garden nursery tree so I doubt it has nebari. I bought it because I seem to have a thing for multi trunk trees and hoped I could make something out of it. Though its probably going to be a challenge to make anything out of it if its even possible..

I understand what you're sayng about the pic. I took it last year when I got the tree just to document it. Looks pretty much the same. The foliage is pretty dense so you can't see much structure above the trunks. Might be better if I thinned it out a little before taking more pictures.

I guess after seeing some of the nicer stuff being posted lately, I was also a bit embarrassed by my crappy material. Just can't afford to spend $1000+ on a nice tree so I'm left with cheap stuff as my only options not to mention that Im still scared to kill an expensive tree at this point.

Last edited:

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I guess after seeing some of the nicer stuff being posted lately, I was also a bit embarrassed by my crappy material. Just can't afford to spend $1000+ on a nice tree so I'm left with cheap stuff as my only options not to mention that Im still scared to kill an expensive tree at this point.

Don't worry about keeping up with the joneses. If you like it and enjoy it that is all that matters. I understand what you mean though about some of the material posted here, some of it is incredible but you are talking with people who have years of experience under their belts. let it be an inspiration to achieve their level some day.

Reaction score
Took a break yesterday from the computer so just seeing this now. I'm on my phone now so I can't repost and I would need to take new pics anyway.

Eh just figured after almost 50 views and no one having anything to say (not even Dario.....:p), that it probably was not even decent material let alone good. Its 3 trunks going off in different directions pretty much. No idea on the base/nebari as I have not repotted it yet because I was planning on taking it to a club meeting and torturing it there. Figured that would be enough stress for now. Its a garden nursery tree so I doubt it has nebari. I bought it because I seem to have a thing for multi trunk trees and hoped I could make something out of it. Though its probably going to be a challenge to make anything out of it if its even possible..

I understand what you're sayng about the pic. I took it last year when I got the tree just to document it. Looks pretty much the same. The foliage is pretty dense so you can't see much structure above the trunks. Might be better if I thinned it out a little before taking more pictures.

you just have to not care if anyone is judging you (in any aspect of life). anyway if the multi trunk doesn't work out you could always aim for a twin trunk.

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I think there are very few here on bnut that would look down on someone who is starting their work on less expensive material. I wouldn't be embarrassed at all to post your trees, especially the ones you may need some input to help figure out a design on. It's all for the same of learning and improving, and we are all here to help.

gionk

Sapling
Reaction score
i used to be afraid to spend a lot on a tree once too. once i gained confidence by keeping my cheaper trees alive for years, it was the logical next step for me. i like having trees at different stages now. keeps me interested, and has made it easier to remain patient with my ugly sticks.
dont be afraid to post anything here. this is a community forum, and we are all here to help each other learn. :D

Last edited:

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
...Eh just figured after almost 50 views and no one having anything to say (not even Dario.....:p), ...

WHAT!!!!! :eek: :eek: First time I opened this thread and found my name on it! Am I that infamous? ;) LOL :p

I don't have San Jose and have no idea about it so I was not too interested. Today has been slow and it is one of the 2 on top so I checked. LOL Come on..put that pic back!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
lol.... never let lack of response discourage you. Many of us have put up trees, even really advanced ones, which received no response or input. :)

So where is it? I didn't get to see it.... ;)

Kindly,

Victrinia

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just can't afford to spend $1000+ on a nice tree so I'm left with cheap stuff as my only options not to mention that Im still scared to kill an expensive tree at this point.

In all my trees, I've only purchased four, perhaps, that cost more than $500. Most were less than $100, and many I collected at no cost except the price of the trip.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
In all my trees, I've only purchased four, perhaps, that cost more than $500. Most were less than $100, and many I collected at no cost except the price of the trip.

Same here...only a few over $100 and just one $200 (my most expensive to date). Average purchase is less than $50.00 and about half of my trees are collected for free. They will take longer to be "presentable" than proper yamadori or bonsai stock...and... may never be as good bonsai, but I am having fun with them. :)

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
lol.... never let lack of response discourage you. Many of us have put up trees, even really advanced ones, which received no response or input. :)

So where is it? I didn't get to see it.... ;)

Kindly,

Victrinia

Good to see you back Miss Vic.;)

Rob

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Vic,

You and I left here at about the same time, and now we're back at about the same time - what's up with that!?

And how're you doing - no answery emaily thingy? :) Hope you're doing well.

Will

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Vic,

You and I left here at about the same time, and now we're back at about the same time - what's up with that!?

And how're you doing - no answery emaily thingy? :) Hope you're doing well.

Will

My bad, Vic - just checked my email, and there it was! Glad you're well. Formal answer soon.

Cheers.

Top Bottom