san jose twin trunk

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Ok I thought this would be interesting. Would love to hear some ideas on styling for this san jose. 4.5 inch trunk. lots of mature branches . Really a lot to work with let me know your thoughts . I pulled the big branch on the right down and wired it so you could see the movement in the second trunk . This should be interesting

Attachments

• 20150926_024959.jpg
    20150926_024959.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 207
  • 20150925_234530.jpg
    20150925_234530.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 20150925_234458.jpg
    20150925_234458.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 195

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It just needs wire and a pot.

Or turn the rig by trunk upright to have the left one drop and come back up.

Dope material. Didn't know San Jose looked so much like procumbens NaNa.

Welcome to Crazy.

Sorce

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yes I'm going to stare at it for a while needs a pot horribly . Has been in the current pot since 2002 so a new pot is in its near future

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Nice! Lots of possibilities with this one. My initial thoughts: (Using Photo 1) I'd be tempted to bring the left trunk down and jin the entire right branch. Seems to have a lot of movement in that branch.

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Well I have a little bit of everything in the collection , forrests,slanting, semi cascade, cascades, informals, literati Etc. Removing some of the branching in the center to split up the two trunks and essentially style two separate trees. Has some great potential I feel

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Nice! Lots of possibilities with this one. My initial thoughts: (Using Photo 1) I'd be tempted to bring the left trunk down and jin the entire right branch. Seems to have a lot of movement in that branch.
Have thought about doing this as well . Still a possibility very nice branch movement. Most of the branches are mature and very curvy has been wired pretty wildly without any plan or style

Reactions: Vin

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Maybe semicascade and creating a large jin out of the right trunk leaving the bottom right branch?

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Have thought about doing this as well . Still a possibility very nice branch movement. Most of the branches are mature and very curvy has been wired pretty wildly without any plan or style
This is what makes this type of material fun though! Will take these all day long !

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
What if you kept this branch and wired more movement in the lower right branch before jinning it?

Juniper Branch.jpg

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
What if you kept this branch and wired more movement in the lower right branch before jinning it?

View attachment 82915
I really like when jin stands out through a Nice foliage pad. This could get intersting. I wish I knew more about its history. Could be a lovely semi cascade as you are thinking

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Yes I'm a juniper junkie. Need to obtain and start some new deciduous . I have a few but the junipers have taken over lol. I have a huge hinoki I'll be working on soon may start some posts during the development, also have a huge foemina forrest project need to get some more pics up

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Wire all the branches down on the left trunk
Work the Jin into a Shari on that trunk so that it wraps around, might work that lower right branch into it...
Tighten up the foliage on the right branch, but keep it live IMO- balance the foliage shapes out so the two branches look good together then find a cool pot for it - maybe one of those that looks like an old broken dinosaur egg or something interesting like that...

Really great tree!

jriddell88

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Wire all the branches down on the left trunk
Work the Jin into a Shari on that trunk so that it wraps around, might work that lower right branch into it...
Tighten up the foliage on the right branch, but keep it live IMO- balance the foliage shapes out so the two branches look good together then find a cool pot for it - maybe one of those that looks like an old broken dinosaur egg or something interesting like that...

Really great tree!
Thanks ! Yes it would take a whole lot for me to sacrafice something of that size so much good foliage to work with . These things take a long time to get this big. It's right around 30" across ! I'm picky about pots too! So this one will get a good one still shopping any suggestions would be appreciated

Last edited:
Top Bottom