sapling division : defra malus forest

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
i had a whole bunch malus saplings i planted them placement is not the greatest but they were already leafing out so i did not want to mess to much with the roots.

i pruned them in height and will let it grow wild now the rest of the season.
next year either wire them in a better place or rearange the whole planting...

instead of throwing them away ill play for this contest malus is probably not the best species for this kind of things...

20220316_143001.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
i had a whole bunch malus saplings i planted them placement is not the greatest but they were already leafing out so i did not want to mess to much with the roots.

i pruned them in height and will let it grow wild now the rest of the season.
next year either wire them in a better place or rearange the whole planting...

instead of throwing them away ill play for this contest malus is probably not the best species for this kind of things...

View attachment 424735
Here it is!

I was waitin'

Lookin' Good!

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yes! I've got a lot of malus that I'm growing from seed. I'm going to try to go for a super-twisted ugly/creepy forest look. Kind of how I would picture an apple orchard that was abandoned for 50 years to look.

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yes! I've got a lot of malus that I'm growing from seed. I'm going to try to go for a super-twisted ugly/creepy forest look. Kind of how I would picture an apple orchard that was abandoned for 50 years to look.
Yeah the base of these all have a twist too but ill let them settle now a bit this season the roots are all on the spots i wanted them but the trees all kinda look misplaced specialy the left side.
Maybe later this week ill be able to get some wire in there to make it look a bit better if im honest i should have done better but its a start :)

Top Bottom