Sapling Division OldPrinters Dwarf Maple forest

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
First attempt at this. Should be a fun learning experience.
Good stuff. I am not sure if we are supposed to respond it being a competition and all. Buuuut..

Look at the composition again. Are your trees close enough? Is their distribution random enough? I think you can improve a little on the composition :). Go through a few thousand forest planting images online, select a few you really like and look at your planting again, keeping both pointers in mind.

Kanorin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
We are definitely allowed (and encouraged) to comment on each others' threads!

My thinking about moss is that if it's growing well in your climate and looks good, that's the kind you should use!

Looking forward to seeing these planted into their container when the time comes!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That moss grows like wildfire right there. In plantings, is moss... moss? Or something special I need to use if I want moss? Cause I got some to harvest right there.

Harvest it!

Just don't grab and weeds or worse, irish moss.

The easiest way to remove weeds is to flip it upside down and pull the white roots.

Sorce

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Some of the native mosses I encounter have VERY different root systems.. based on if they are rhizome growers, or HOW their spores START reproducing.. blah blah blah..

Basically, I use the mosses with shallow root systems.. (some are even designed to LIVE “floating-style”.. like un-fastened! Pretty sweet.) and avoid the deep-rooted “types”... you’ll know right away, by sight and touch if it would really interfere with your root system...

🤓

Top Bottom